“Good nights stay overall”

Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Good nights stay overall”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a good basic hotel.position is excellent for shopping in Cabot Circus.really enjoyed complimentary Tea on arrival.i did speak to the receptionist on departure as I think they had a problem with drain the water in the sink took ages to drain away. And the smell coming out was so bad I was nearly sick. We only stayed the one night as planned so on check out.i spoke to the receptionist not complaining just letting her know about the drain problem.But all she said was you should of called maintaince,what at 11pm that night or that morning when I reported it.Not very helpful.

Stayed January 2014
Andrew-FOH, Reception at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that on a whole you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear the problems you had with the drain in your room.
If you had phoned reception as soon as you had discovered the problem, our reception team would have been more than happy to assist in resolving the issue.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Hotel Reception

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
West Country
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went to Bristol on a Christmas shopping trip with our 4 month old. We used to live in Bristol, but not been since cabot circus was built. I phoned a few days before, and secured a travel cot. On arrival we parked, which is free of charge, and walked to the hotel. I think this is the worst bit, a small lift from the hotel then outside around to the hotel entrance not particularly well lit.

The room was a really good size, and the travel cot was brand new and was all made up on arrival, which was nice as sometimes they just get dumped in the room.

Could not get the bed side lights to come on separate to the other lights, which was a bit of a pain.

Breakfast was good, not a massive selection but enough for us. The waitress even brought some has browns to our table when they had run out.

We had a good stay for 1 night, and excellent location for shopping at cabot circus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Andrew-FOH, Rceptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words and comments have been passed on,

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Bromsgrove
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have just come back from a short break at this hotel for new year and I can safely say I feel totally ripped off and that our family break was completely ruined because of the standards and utterly rude staff at the Future Inn. Right from the get go the service was terrible, we got to our room with little ones to entertain whilst we unpacked only to find the TV didn't work. I called the reception desk and spoke to a really rude woman who obviously didn't want to be bothered who then told me she would disable the TV for the next 10 minutes then I would have to try again!
After that things just got worse. The mattresses on both beds in our room had collapsed in the middle meaning that not only did my husband and I have to sleep separately as we couldn't stand to keep being crushed in the middle of a collapsed bed but then even after sharing a bed with one of my children I have ended up with chronic back pain and having to take painkillers every 4 hours! After the first awful night my husband and I were both looking forward to being able to take nice hot showers but no, that too was a complete disappointment with the shower being so weak I couldn't even get the conditioner out of my hair properly, which didn't bode well for being able to get ready and dressed up on New Years either! By this point I had really had enough and quite frankly wanted to go home. We spent the rest of the day with our friends who were also saying at the hotel but due to how tired and in pain I was I ended up so grumpy it really ruined everyone's day, especially that of my children who should have been having an amazing time being away with us and their friends for New Year!
Then it went from really bad to disastrous. We paid to attend the New Years Eve Party at the hotel, which included a buffet. Not only did we have to queue for ages to get the first course and then made the children all sit and eat their food before going up for desert, we were then utterly disgusted to find that when we did take them back up to the buffet the deserts had run out. By this time there was already an angry mob of people complaining that they also hadn't had desert and yet still the staff didn't seem to care less. Eventually as people were getting to the point of complete rage, the staff finally gave in and said they would provide more deserts but that it would take another half an hour to prepare. Yet again we had really upset children!
And so finally after a frankly awful party we went back to bed for the second uncomfortable night thinking at least we could lie in in the morning as there was a late breakfast being served.....the fire alarms went off at 7.30am! All kids up, screaming and frightened and unable to get back to sleep for ages! Then of course when we finally got them back to sleep they wouldn't get up again in time for breakfast. My 6 year old was gutted! The breakfast had been his favourite part of the entire trip and he missed it because he was so completely exhausted!
The vile staff then had the nerve to ring our room, knowing full well how awful our time at the hotel had been, and "remind" us that check out was at 12! Needless to say at this point I lost my temper and gave them a piece of my mind and all I got from the other end of the phone was "OK" before the line went dead!
And surprise surprise during check out, with kids and bags everywhere, the staff at reception were busy dealing with other complaints, so we didn't even get so much as thank you for coming or how was your say! I will be making a complaint, although due to the couldn't care less attitude of the staff, I wont hold my breath for a response!

2 Thank EvieB82
Andrew-FOH, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Good Afternoon

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Future Inns. If you would like to contact me directly I can forward your details onto our hotel manager.

ahood@futureinns.co.uk

Andrew Hood
Front of House manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were happy with the hotel (big, clean rooms) until the time of the check out. We asked to leave a small suitcase at the reception for a few hours and were told there was no space! When we asked again, the level of rudeness from both people at the reception was shocking, even more annoying than carrying the suitcase all day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew-FOH, Receptionist at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that on a whole you enjoyed your stay with us.
At the Future Inn we pride ourselves in giving the best customer service to our guests as possible. I am very sorry to hear your experiences on departure. I can only apologise if you found our reception team to be rude or dismissive.

In regards to our luggage storage, we do operate at a first come first serve basis. The only reason we would have declined your luggage was that we did indeed have no room to store it.

We do hope to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed for New Years Eve is a superior king size room and was very impressed with the quality of fixings, comfort and standard of the room. However, with the exception of the nice young man when we checked in, all other staff were discourteous and dismissive. Absolutely no customer service skills employed at breakfast or when we checked out. Even a "good morning" as we walked past reception en route to breakfast was met with a scowl and no response. The breakfast was about the worst we've had for a long time. The rooms are not cheap but we have had better at budget hotels. There was poor choice. The cooked buffet was cold, swimming in grease and tasted like cheap cooking oil. Perhaps they didn't want to be working New Years Day, but then they are in the wrong job!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Falkirk
Reviewed December 27, 2013

When we visit Bristol we usually stay at the Future Inn but on this occasion we made other arrangements. I checked out the website and saw that they were providing Christmas Lunch so I booked a table for three. We were very impressed with the organisation (before and during the meal), the food was excellent and value for money £30 for appetisers, three course lunch, coffee and mints and a gift of a box of chocolates) and the staff were very professional. The lunch was served on the 6th floor in the conference centre which was a great venue for the numbers attending and the views of the City were lovely.
Thank you team for making our Christmas celebrations special.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas day lunch, and thank you for choosing to spend your Christmas with us.
Your kind words have been passed onto all the staff working that day.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Worst hotel I have stayed in for a long time. I stay at hotels on frequent basis due to the nature of my work. Shocking customer service, management team dysfunctional, the so called general manager a lady who I could not understand due to her poor english language. Totally disorganised, I understand its Christmas , but why oh why have Christmas parties in a hotel that does have the resources to do so, the music went through the whole hotel, needless to say I was not able to sleep at all, and told its stops at 1am.

I also had the misfortune of eating at the hotel, food cold, took for ages, staff oblivious, one saving grace was, I believe him name to be Gabbor, great attention and was more than helpful.

So overall extremely disappointed, am sure I will get the usual copy and paste response, but please don't bother. I will be speaking with my company to move us and our clients to another hotel, yes the hotel location is good, but for the countless other places that are opposite this out of date poorly run 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: If you do stay be carful of the hiding extras, wifi, room service
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Emma P
P.Lago, Group Operations Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Future Inns Cabot Circus and I am sorry that you were disturbed by the guests who were enjoying a Christmas party.
I have passed your comments concerning aspects of your stay to the various Departmental Heads and we will include your comments concerning noise when we review the Christmas party season.
However I think your comments about our General Manager are inappropriate and border on being racist-I will contact your company direct myself and I think it better, as you state in your review, that you do not stay at Future Inn again. I will forward a copy of your review to your company with my response.
Thousand of guests stay with us each year and we do not always get it right but we do always strive very hard for our guests to be satisfied and respond to their complaints in a fair and appropriate manner and in return we ask for guests to be courteous.
As you can tell this is not a 'cut and paste' response nor indeed are any of our responses.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.