Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
$110
$62
  • Restaurant
Novotel Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$112
$106
$81
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Bristol South Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$73
PremierInn.com
$52
Travelodge
2,888 results
All reviewsfree parkingcabot circusshopping centrecar parkchop housegood sizemulti storeyshopping triphuge bedreal bonusexcellent locationreception staffcentral locationbusy roadmodern hotelwould stay againself service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Future Inn as an overnight stopover on our way from Ireland to Cornwall and it really suited us down to the ground.

The car park is so easy to find and from there, it's a short walk to the hotel (although not quite connected as well as they could've been, you do have to walk outside for a bit). The front desk were very professional and efficient, in stark contrast to the lifts. We had a lot of luggage that we didn't want to leave in the car and the lift was quite simply the worst we'd ever encountered. Incredibly-slow to both get to you and then move from floor to floor.

No free wifi was a bit crap (unless you wanted to hang out in receeption) but the room was fantastic otherwise. The TV didn't initially work but sorted itself out later. The bed was enormous and very comfortable. We had been on the road for 10 hours since 5.30am so we had an afternoon nap - this was made all the more easier by the blackout curtains!

The following morning saw our only other disappointment with the Future Inn; the breakfast. It was served carvery-style, so a big queue soon developed. But there wasn't enough staff, just one overworked lady behind the counter who had to keep going back to the kitchen as items kept running out. And since people couldn't help themselves, we had to wait til she came back with whatever item was needed.

As a result, a huge backlog ensued and while the breakfast itself was quite good, the setting was chaotic and very badly-designed. Either have full table service or more staff serving behind the counter. I wouldn't mind but breakfast wasn't cheap; £9 each, which was well above the going rate in Bristol!

Our final encounter with the lifts was farcical and ended with us struggling down the stairs with our multiple bags. The lift kept taking people on at the ground floor, taking them to whichever floor they wanted and picking up people on the way down. Because of this, it was always full when it reached us on the 1st floor. So down the stairs we went.

At least when we checked out, we got some good news; not only was parking free, but also valid til midnight so we could wander around Bristol. We had some business to do in the Cabot Circus shopping centre so this was a great perk of staying at the Future Inn.

But unless they sort the lifts and breakfast, I can't honestly recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: June 2013
Andrew-FOH, Duty Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Future Inn.

I was pleased to see many positive points made in regards to your stay especially the helpfulness of our staff.

Please accept my pologies for the situation with the lifts. We have been experiencing some issues which are being remedied by the professionals. I know that this will have effected your stay.

I have passed on your comments regarding the breakfast to the Food and Beverage Manager who will investigate.

We take all feedback very seriously, good and bad, and i thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stay here everytime we come to bristol now. It's always clean, the staff are friendly and helpful and it is a nice atmosphere. The rooms are a decent size and always clean. The carpet situation is a bit confusing the first time but once you ask at reception and realise that they activate your parking card makes sense.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you choose to stay with us every time that you come to Bristol and that you enjoy the atmosphere of the hotel.

We pride ourself on having polite, friendly staff and we are glad that you agree.

We are very pleased to be able to offer free car parking to all hotel guests and are glad that you take advantage of this when staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice reasonably priced hotel just across the road from Cabot Circus with restaurants open till late. Rooms are well equipped and spacious with comfy beds, and prices are reasonable. Car parking in in the Cabot Circus car park and they will validate your ticket fro free parking. Their own restaurant is a bit pricey and limited in menu choice but food is good, and drinks are normal hotel prices. They charge you as you check in and you will need to open a bar account to be able to charge drinks to your room.
It's very modern and clean - my preference!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Future Inn Cabot Circus.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Bristol and found our hotel clean and modern.

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon..

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The future inn may appear like a budget hotel from the outside but its new, modern, has free parking and is located right next to Cabot circus which provides plenty of shopping and food outlets just across the walkway. I wasn't expecting much when I booked (as I couldn't get into the Hilton or Marriott), but was pleasantly surprised. Rooms are reasonably sized and clean with everything you need. Admittedly the TV is rather small but the place is comfortable enough. Breakfast was basic and could be improved but all in all this place gives good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Future Inn.

I am very happy that although we were not your first choice of hotel you gave us a glowing review and thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

I hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my daughter while visiting the Bristol University Open Day. After a good hunt around the internet I booked a twin double room with breakfast included. Due to the Uni open day I found most hotels were busy and the closer to the Uni they were, the more they were charging. I was pleased to note that the price I paid was better than most hotels were charging for a room only (and most of those had limited or no parking). The hotel is very easy to find and we parked in the multi-storey car park opposite the hotel on arrival as advised on the hotel website. The reception staff were friendly and helpful when we checked in. Our room (327 I think) was modern, spacious and clean with two very comfortable double beds with 4 pillows on each. Internet access in the room was chargeable but there was free wi-fi in reception and that was fine for me but some may prefer wi-fi in the room. The location was ideal for us, the large Cabot Circus shopping centre directly opposite and either a 20 minute walk or 10 minute bus ride to the university. We didn't eat our evening meal in the hotel or use the bar as we went out to have a look around but after a very good nights sleep, breakfast was buffet style with a well stocked selection of cooked food, cereals, toast, fruit etc. and was very good indeed. On check out, the reception staff were again very helpful with directions and bus info and explained that I could leave my car in the car park free for the rest of the day. I've no complaints at all and found the hotel extremely good value. If I return to Bristol then I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive review of yuor recent stay with us at the Future Inn.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found us good value for money, especially with the free parking on offer.

I was pleased to see that you found our staff extremely friendly and helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Bristol.