“Great location and helpful staff”

Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stay here everytime we come to bristol now. It's always clean, the staff are friendly and helpful and it is a nice atmosphere. The rooms are a decent size and always clean. The carpet situation is a bit confusing the first time but once you ask at reception and realise that they activate your parking card makes sense.

• Stayed: June 2013
Andrew-FOH, Duty Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you choose to stay with us every time that you come to Bristol and that you enjoy the atmosphere of the hotel.

We pride ourself on having polite, friendly staff and we are glad that you agree.

We are very pleased to be able to offer free car parking to all hotel guests and are glad that you take advantage of this when staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice reasonably priced hotel just across the road from Cabot Circus with restaurants open till late. Rooms are well equipped and spacious with comfy beds, and prices are reasonable. Car parking in in the Cabot Circus car park and they will validate your ticket fro free parking. Their own restaurant is a bit pricey and limited in menu choice but food is good, and drinks are normal hotel prices. They charge you as you check in and you will need to open a bar account to be able to charge drinks to your room.
It's very modern and clean - my preference!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Future Inn Cabot Circus.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Bristol and found our hotel clean and modern.

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon..

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The future inn may appear like a budget hotel from the outside but its new, modern, has free parking and is located right next to Cabot circus which provides plenty of shopping and food outlets just across the walkway. I wasn't expecting much when I booked (as I couldn't get into the Hilton or Marriott), but was pleasantly surprised. Rooms are reasonably sized and clean with everything you need. Admittedly the TV is rather small but the place is comfortable enough. Breakfast was basic and could be improved but all in all this place gives good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Future Inn.

I am very happy that although we were not your first choice of hotel you gave us a glowing review and thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

I hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my daughter while visiting the Bristol University Open Day. After a good hunt around the internet I booked a twin double room with breakfast included. Due to the Uni open day I found most hotels were busy and the closer to the Uni they were, the more they were charging. I was pleased to note that the price I paid was better than most hotels were charging for a room only (and most of those had limited or no parking). The hotel is very easy to find and we parked in the multi-storey car park opposite the hotel on arrival as advised on the hotel website. The reception staff were friendly and helpful when we checked in. Our room (327 I think) was modern, spacious and clean with two very comfortable double beds with 4 pillows on each. Internet access in the room was chargeable but there was free wi-fi in reception and that was fine for me but some may prefer wi-fi in the room. The location was ideal for us, the large Cabot Circus shopping centre directly opposite and either a 20 minute walk or 10 minute bus ride to the university. We didn't eat our evening meal in the hotel or use the bar as we went out to have a look around but after a very good nights sleep, breakfast was buffet style with a well stocked selection of cooked food, cereals, toast, fruit etc. and was very good indeed. On check out, the reception staff were again very helpful with directions and bus info and explained that I could leave my car in the car park free for the rest of the day. I've no complaints at all and found the hotel extremely good value. If I return to Bristol then I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive review of yuor recent stay with us at the Future Inn.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found us good value for money, especially with the free parking on offer.

I was pleased to see that you found our staff extremely friendly and helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Bristol.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a pleasant stay at this hotel. It's located literally at the end of the motorway, next door to Cabot circus shopping centre. The hotel validates your parking for free, if you park in the Cabot circus park, which was really handy. The hotel staff were fairly friendly, and were willing to help answer my questions about directions etc. I had dinner at hotels restaurant two nights, which I enjoyed, and was quite pleased with the polite service. The hotel bed was large and comfortable with plenty of pillows provided. My one gripe would be that I wished the room had free wifi, which was disappointing, as this is now standard amongst most hotels nowadays. I shall surely be returning again for my next business trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Future Inn.

I am very pleased to see that our staff were able to assist you with directions etc and that you found all of our staff to be polite and friendly.

I am also happy that you enjoyed the free parking on offer and that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for £118 which seems good value for the area. The location is perfect almost attached to Cabot Circus shopping center. 15min walk from Bristol Temple Meads and 15min walk from the vibrant harbourside.
Room was spacious, however we did find the sheets to be dirty. Hotel was understaffed so no one was available to change the sheets and we were moved to another room within 5 minutes, good service.
Big Canadian beds and powerful showers, although could do with more of a clean.
Excellent cheap stay in central Bristol

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back away from the busy road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, however disappointed that you were unhappy with the bedding. I'm very happy that this was resolved quickly and the staff were able to assist you.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The location is a big plus. I stayed in room 210 on the nights of June 21 & 22 2013.
Weekends attract many stag and hens parties which was good entertainment, rather than a problem, for me.
The stone-faced bar staff were a problem however. All of them seemed to have undergone a charisma bypass and possessed all the charms of a Soviet bloc archipelago crew.
I asked what nuts they had, only to be told the nuts were at the other end of the bar. Seemed to me that offering their (very limited) choice and getting them for me was below their status. Welcome to Bristol's first supermarket service bar facility. Given how quiet the bar was, I couId not believe how lazy and disinterested they were. If you do not like the hospitality industry, go elsewhere and get a proper job guys (and you too lady).
I have spent most of the last four years travelling worlwide and have never seen such stone-faced disinterest.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Future Inn.

I am disappointed to see that you experienced some problems with the service in the bar. This has been put forward to the management and shall be looked into accordingly.