“Future Inn Cabot Circus, Bristol. Not bad ...”

Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Easy to park and parking is validated. Rooms are gleaming on arrival and very impressive indeed. Power shower, nice toiletries and lovely soft towels. Very comfy bed and white linen. Ironing board, iron, hairdryer. Good central location, ideal for shopping. Staff helpful. Smart bar and restaurants.

Downside was the temperature in the bedroom and also in the breakfast restaurant. Uncomfortable and up way too high. Also, the TV - although good quality - was in completely the wrong location to watch from bed and couldn't be moved.

Breakfast's downside was the outdated toaster (which baffled everyone) - plus the coffee and tea were awful.

Can recommend the great shopping area, Bristol Cathedral, Bordeaux Quay and a ride on the Bristol Packet with its hilarious skipper. Not forgetting the M Shed which is free and fascinating.

Don't expect much of the city outside of the harbour and shops. It's quite scruffy and there is much litter. Because of Bristol's association with Banksy, everyone thinks they're graffiti artists!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lyndel-60
Andrew-FOH, Duty Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Future Inn.

I am delighted that your room was so immaculate and that you found our staff to be so friendly.

I'm sorry that you felt the temperature was too high in the breakfast room, Should you have spoken to the staff we would have been only too happy to accommodate you and turn this down. Also the temperature in the bedrooms is changeable via the air conditioning control panel which is located next to the bathroom.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy the breakfast beverages, i shall pass on your comments.

Duty Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,841)

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over for 2 nights on business in Bristol. First, the pluses. This is a superbly located hotel right in the hub and next to the excellent shopping and restaurants of Cabot Circus. The car parking is excellent and complementary if staying at the hotel.

Check in was OK, if a little soulless. The receptionist was not overly sharp and completed the registration form with our business contacts details (he was picking up the tab).

The room was on the second floor and in the awful position of just opposite the lift. My heart always sinks as you know you are going to be disturbed - and we were by guests returning late at night.

Most disappointing was that it was a disabled room. Not for that fact, but I would have thought that someone dealing with disability would have been more entitled to a decent nights sleep than most!

The room was OK. The bathroom ( just a shower, disabled access remember) was tired, and the fittings were rusted in places.

Both the room and the bathroom were in real need of a darn good deep clean. Housekeeping standards were pretty poor. Dust in corners and along carpet edges are always an indicator of a lax approach. It always makes me wonder what standards behind the scenes might be like.

All in all, Future Inns, you need to up your game. I wouldn't give you a recommendation based on my experience. It wasn't particularly good value in any case, and wherever you are on the pricing scale, nothing other than absolute cleanliness is acceptable.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank fraggledweller

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and took advantage of the free parking on offer.

I was disappointed to see a few negative comments regarding your bedroom. I have been unable to locate your reservation with the details on trip advisor however if you would like to discuss this further please feel free to email our Front of House Manager on ahood@futureinns.co.uk

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Located just across the road from the shopping mall and cinema, this hotel is ideal for anyone wanting to make use of the facilities of Cabot Circus. It's a little further to the harbour area etc of Bristol.
While the rooms are very comfortable and of a good size, the bathroom was comparatively small with a shower and no bath.
The restaurant offered a reasonable menu and the food was good; however it was a little lacking in atmosphere on the night I dined in the hotel. But then there's a lot of competetition in Cabot Circus.
I couldn't get access to the WiFi in the public areas - and really there's no reason why WiFi shouldn't be included in hotel rooms these days.
I would use again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Future Inn.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to be comfortable and of a good size.

We have experienced no issues with our WIFI so i am not sure as to why you were unable to connect. Please accept my apologies for this.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very well located for arriving into Bristol on the M32, and extremely convenient location for shopping at Cabot Circus. It took me a while to work out how to get the car to the notel (you seem to have to drive onto the pavement!) but long term parking in the adjacent multi-storey is free for guests and very convenient.
The room was nice, efficient but sufficiently spacious, although it s frustrating that the lights are basically all on or all off, not good for bedtime reading! The bed was a little soft for my liking, but I do like a firm bed. Breakfast was disappointing, poor quality juice, stale coffee and mediocre cooked breakfast (too long under the heat lamps). Also the staff were very slow to clear the tables.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris C
Andrew-FOH, Duty Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at the Future Inn.

I am pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and took advantage of the free parking.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy breakfast and i have passed on your comments to the Restaurant Manager.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

TV was tiny, and had a cracked screen. Inexcusably, there was no WiFi so it felt like a hotel in 2003. Bathroom was tiny and not very clean. The staff are friendly but this hotel really isn't anything special. Location is good being close to shops.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and i am pleased that you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel and found our staff to be friendly.

I will ask our Maintenenace Department to look into the issue of your televison as this was not reported to Reception.

We do offer free WIFI in the hotel. This is available in the Lobby, Restaurant and Bar area. The code for access is located in Reception.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and i recently stayed at Future Inns for a weekend stay.All the staff was great on reception,polite and very helpful.When i entered the room i was struck by how modern and big the room was.It was very clean as was the bathroom with plenty of clean towels.In the evening my wife and i visited the in house restaurant and had the best mix grill i have had in a long time,my wife had the lamb chops which she said was wonderful too.We then retired to our room for the night.In the morning we went for breakfast which for nine pounds was well worth the money.So in full a great hotel,great food ,great staff.Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: back rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Future Inn.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our Reception Staff to be so polite and helpful.

I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experience in Chophouse Restaurant and i have passed on your positive comments to the Restaurant Manager.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My Partner and I stayed at Future Inns recently for a romantic get away. The location was great and a massive bonus to have free parking, which is rare for a city centre hotel. All the staff were great, the reception staff couldn't do anymore for us and were cheerful and polite. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but did pop into have a drink (again the staff were brilliant).
The rooms were spacious, airy, clean and very modern.

Would certainly stay here agin, when back in Bristol.

Thanks Future Inns for an enjoyable and relaxing stay 5*

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew-FOH, Duty Manager at Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to us in Bristol.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from guests and i am delighted that your romantic break was made so pleasurable by our welcoming friendly staff.

I am also very pleased that you took advantage of the free parking on offer and found our rooms to be light and airy.

I hope that we can welcome you back next time you are visiting Bristol.