Stayed here in Jan 2020 for a weekend for a stag do. Worked really well for us as a group, but perhaps a large part of that was that we didn’t return to the hostel until the early hours so weren’t kept awake by the noise from the club below as others have described, and secondly, we had private dorms which made any possible issues of security and comfort redundant.
1) Location - couldn’t be more central
2) Cost - great value
3) Beds - very comfortable mattress, very warm duvet, all clean
4) Twin sockets per bed
5) Safe - hostel dorms and communal rooms accessible only with key cards
6) Showers - clean, hot, pretty powerful
1) Breakfast - was fine, but very limited (toast or cereal)
2) Dorm curtains - not usable/can’t be drawn so no ability to keep out external lights or daylight in morning
3) Noise - weekend music from club beneath goes on until 3am and the bed-frames suffer heavy vibration from the base speakers
4) Bathroom Sinks (and to a lesser degree toilets) - usable but far from clean
5) Towels - not provided (not a problem necessarily) but bring your own or rent one from the hostel.
In summary - great for a night or two under certain conditions and for certain people. Would not recommend if you plan on having early nights or prefer more luxurious accommodation.More
- Free Wifi
- Room service