All reviews big kitchen bed dorm ping pong table communal areas free breakfast stag do city centre the location is perfect enjoyed my stay member of staff beds facilities gig laptop
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2019

This place is not like the other hostels, and not in a good way either. I seemed to be the only english speaking person there, everyone else seemed to be living there for some weird reason. It was also full of old people, including this old man who ate his sandwich in a disgusting manner.. listening to his lips smack nearly made me vomit. There was no escape because my 4 dorm room was impossible to be in because it was that small. God forbid 4 people actually stayed there and all had luggage.. there would be no room to breathe or move. Also couldnt do laundry because the people living there seemed to have permanent claim to it. No atmosphere at all, awkward and horrid. Only positive was the showers were big which allowed for someone to get changed and dry themselves without the normal struggle that comes with hostel showers. If your a solo english speaking person in Bristol i highly recommend to try the other hostel in Bristol.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jammingjumper
Reviewed August 10, 2019

The music and bass from the club is so loud that I can not sleep at all!!! It is said that the room can be checked in at 15pm but when I came at 15.20pm I still cant check in and the receptionist said that they dont know when I can check in....It is on 10th of August and the receptionist didnt even apologizes us, poor service. Stay away from this hotel if you want to rest properly

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Vickyy0103
Reviewed July 31, 2019

Good: Free breakfast, situated near the center of the city, 24-hour reception.

Bad: The sanitariness needs to be improved, especially that of toilet bowls, followed by shower rooms. My room was very clumsy room.

Room tip: Don't expect a quiet night
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2019

The bass from the club downstairs with shake you to your core, and earplugs won't do a damn thing. Woke up Saturday morning, sleep deprived, with a splitting headache. Dirty facilities, uncomfortable beds and hardly any cleaning in the rooms. Go anywhere else - I endured 6 nights just so you don't have to.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

The purpose of our trip was partying and we had ear plugs, so the noise of the bar beneath the hostel wasn't a problem for us, but people wanting to rest should consider this before booking.

As said in the subject, the staff was really nice. The beds were really comfortable and the covers warm enough (needed because it was cold in the room, but it was June and we didn't expect the heating to be on). I missed some opaque cortains or blinds in the rooms.

The location was really nice, in the city centre.

A big issue in this place was the cleaning. Most of the times the toilets were disgusting and anyone would avoid using them. We found lots of dirt under the beds. The showers' locker room was wet the whole time.

We didn't cook in the kitchen and we just heated some water for preparing tea, but it looked like well preserved.

We booked this place just a month prior to the trip and it was quite expensive for its quality (aprox 45 EUR per person and night in two private rooms of 8 people). Because we booked with such little time, we didn't have many options, since other places were much more expensive or not as close to the city centre. If by any chance I'd need to travel to Bristol again I'll consider another choice. I'd go back to Rock n Bowl motel anyway if the other choices were as prohibitive.

Date of stay: June 2019