“Gorgeous and comfortable”

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Nairobi, Kenya
“Gorgeous and comfortable”
Reviewed September 3, 2014

My little boy (10) and I were really happy here. The rooms are large, comfortable and beautifully decorated, with good use of color. Our room had lots of light with a stunning view of Bristol's rooftops. The breakfast selection was abundant, staff friendly, and things just worked. I will go there again next time I'm in Bristol. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Lovely review thank you very much, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and both yourself and your son where happy.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Christopher Peach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Very good centrally located hotel with efficient guest car valet service and helpful staff.Very comfortable beds .Lift service could be better.Convenient for restaurants and bars but good restaurant in hotel.Good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review and comments
Always good to hear from our guests.

Blackwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2014

This is a lovely hotel, it has friendly and helpful staff. The bed is comfy, lovely and clean from the moment you walk in. Room serviced if you need do so, just pop your do not disturb. Yummy breakfast. Shopping near by good too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

General Manger
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Easy booking on Radisson website. Good value for B&B in city centre. Nice size room with great view across city centre. We were upgraded to a Business class room, which meant that we had a coffee machine in the room (very nice). Clean, comfortable and quiet.
Breakfast provided us with a good choice of hot and cold foods. Would recommend

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the helpful nice review
Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Bristol

We look forward to welcoming you back

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Nice room apart from extremely dark, all done out modern nice big tv and bed was very comfortable. Lifts a nightmare we just walked as everytime we waited we were waiting up to ten minutes possibly longer. Bar is okay, nicely done out again a little pricey for drinks though, bouncer on the door was very nice and friendly. Staff were abit rude overall and not overly helpful. Upon check in I was served by a trainee who failed to tell me that even though my room was £80 I would have a £150 pre authorisation fee which is held with my bank. Doing so this caused me to go overdrawn with my bank and I am now facing the charges, I did not see the amount entered when charged as the machine was "broken" so she swiped the card for me. This should be made clear upon and before arrival and if a trainee is one I suggest there should be a proper member of staff assisting. Had trouble resolving this issue emailed 4 times no reply so had to ring and speak to a lady who was not English and couldn't understand what I was saying, (maybe a bit of work on customer care?) she said she would call me back within the hour but didn't , I left it another hour still no reply to which I rang back and spoke to a man to be told I would be called back in another hour!!! Extremely bad customer service will not return.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
FrontOfficeManagerRB, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
I'm sorry to read of your experience, please reach out to me directly at the hotel so I can address your concerns personally.

Kind Regards
John
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend's birthday. As I wanted it to be special, I paid to upgrade and asked about possibly having a happy birthday cake/dessert and message in the room on arrival. The reservation staff were extremely helpful and made this surprise easily possible.
We were lucky enough to be on the seventeenth floor which had access to the roof terrace and breathtaking views of the harbour. The room was very clean and was fully equipped with everything from bath robes to an espresso machine.
We requested a later check out which the staff were able to sort for us which was great.
I will definitely be returning to this hotel as it was by far the best hotel stay I have ever had.
Thank you to the staff who helped give my boyfriend a luxury birthday he won't forget :-)

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
FrontOfficeManagerRB, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Dear Rebecca,

I'm delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and made extra special by our team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards
John
Devon
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Stayed bank holiday weekend so a bit expensive but we booked a business class room which was great from the booking in to the cleanliness of the room everything was perfect, breakfast very good restaurant staff excellent and friendly.
Reception staff very professional.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better