“Panoramically Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Panoramically Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Super Hotel in middle of Bristol panoramic views from our room on 15th Floor.
Room was clean and comfortable staff were excellent and a good buffet breakfast in the morning.
Would stay here again when next in Bristol.

Room Tip: Higher the better for the views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chard, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had a birthday present of tickets to see the Copper Bottom Band and Hugh Laurie and we live in the very south of Somerset. I decided that an overnight stay in Bristol was in order and came across the Radison Blu Site on the internet. Booking was easy and efficient and the price was very reasonable. I booked hee valet parking option and was glad of it. My car was taken care of and check-in speedy even though I had arrived the best part of an hour early. The room was enormous compared to equal priced hotels I have stopped at and the bathroom was really good.
Free bottled water was a nice touch and the television showed a any number of up to date movies as well as HD TV. Also Wifi was at no extra cost.
Breakfast was taken in the dining room even though room service was available and the range and quality of food was excellent. No sooner seated than asked what drinks we would like and a smile too. A nice way to start the day.
When it came to check-out it was a swift as check-in but because of the number of people who wanted their cars brought round we had to wait a good ten minutes during which time apologies were poured on us. It was no problem for us at all and we sat comfortably in reception until our car was delivered.
All in all a great place to stay, just a few minutes walk from Colston Hall, The Hippodrome and the Bristol O2 as well as the many shops and other attractions. A very nice touch was the free city centre map available at reception.

Room Tip: Take your pick, if all were like ours then there is no problem.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Worth asking for a City View when you book, we had a fantastic view from our room. We stayed for two nights and the room was extremely comfortable, the breakfast was excellent and the staff very helpful. The addition of the Nespresso machine was an extra surprise, wish we had known then we could have brought some extra capsules from home! We used the valet parking as we were unsure of the one way system but we might be braver if we were to return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a City View room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Lovely review thank you very much

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent hotel, perfect for visiting Bristol. As a wheelchair user - the rooms and bathroom were spacious, which is not often the case for a city hotel. room was really clean. food was lovely. staff were very nice and helpful. good reasonable price considering it was summer and a city hotel. I'll def go back here again next time I'm in Bristol.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shinnysinsin
FrontOfficeManagerRB, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I’m delighted to hear that everything was as expected for your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back with us.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

It's the second time we stayed at this hotel we did bed breakfast and evening meal it was all lovely all the food was very good and the service was exceptional thanks again for a wonderful stay we will defo be back

• Stayed June 2013
Great Review!

Glad to hear you and a fantastic time I look forward to welcoming you back.

Auchtermuchty, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel was new and very comfortable but I thought it was very pricey. When I arrived in my bedroom I pulled back the net curtains and was faced with a corrugated iron wall which was about 5 meters from my window. There was absolutely no view, unless I squinted sideways to the left and there was hardly any natural light getting in.

I booked a morning call for 07.00hrs - I received no call. When I checked out I was told that my bill was paid through Expedia, as I had booked on line. I asked for a receipt as I bill the charge to a company but they refused to give me one. Normally I receive a bill in the hotels I stay in even when paid on the internet.

I was disappointed by the lack of attention to detail for the guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience

I’m sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your stay, the hotel has over 170 bedrooms and many benefit from fantastic views over the city.

I can confirm as your booking was booked and pre-paid through Expedia, were unable to supply a receipt as you made the payment to them. I’m very much concerned to hear that you did not receive your wakeup call and have addressed this with the team.

I apologise for your concerns. For any future bookings please do not hesitate to contact my office and I will ensure a room with a view is allocated for you.

Birkenhead
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Inconspicuous hotel (cabbie from station had to ask for address) not helped by low key reception area. Only one lift was working but the bedroom floors are well decorated and stylish.
My bedroom was a bit bleak, overlooking offices over the road. It had some strange hard felt seat under the TV which no one of a normal height could have sat on.
On the positive side the staff were all very pleasant, the breakfast in the room was on time, and tasty. And their was hair conditioner in the bathroom which is always a bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience

I’m surprised to hear the Taxi Driver did not know the location of the hotel; with our prominent position and 18 story blue glass structure were very hard to miss!

I’m delighted to hear you were impressed with the team, breakfast and our exclusive Anne Semonin toiletieres.

I look forward to welcoming you back.