“OK Stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Check in was very slow despite being out of peak time, asked for a high floor and did get a room on 13th floor with spectacular views over the city which with the Christmas lights on was wonderful. Drinks in bar very expensive which means you only have one before going over the square to cheaper places. Location is good for the canal side and all the nearby restaurants but bit of a hike from the station and to Cabots circus shopping area. There is no parking on site but you do get a reduced rate at nearby NCP (but this is only OK if not raining!). Bed was comfyish but horrible hard pillows. There are only 2 lifts so be prepared for long wait at times. Didn't have breakfast as was £14! Would stay again as better than Thistle.

Room Tip: High floor for great views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I will delve further into your comments and see what we can do to improve the service offered next time.

Thanks again and best regards

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Asked for a high harbour room and got it - I have stayed here before, as am a regular visitor to Bristol to see family, but this was my first time on my own and I was made to feel like a non person. Taxi request was forgotten, 2 x telephone enquiries not responded to, housekeeping request ignored and maid entered even when Do Not Disturb sign up.
I couldnt operate the light by the tv (rooms very dark at night) without going on my knees to go under the TV shelf and the maid had no idea either how else it might operate. The duty manager was very apologetic and I was given a bottle of plonk and some macaroons (a rate reduction would have been better!!) after I complained but I will think twice before staying again especially if my husband cant make it as there is no shortage of good hotels in Bristol !

Room Tip: Ask to be high overlooking harbour for far reaching views to the Mendips
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review.
It saddens me to read the list of problems that occurred whilst you stayed with us. This is very much not how we operate and I will investigate to find out what went wrong.
It worries greatly me that you write ‘as a single lady don’t stay here’; I believe that gives us the connotation that we are an unsafe hotel to stay in if you are a single female. I would like to clarify that this is certainly not the case and we pride ourselves on being a hotel that takes personal security and safety very seriously.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson for a night out at the Passenger Shed near Temple Meads. Got a room on the fifth floor and the view was spectacular. Could see all the way over the harbor-side and beyond. The building is very tall so the view is probably unrivaled.

The room was modern, tidy and clean. The bed and bathroom was massive and the included tassimo style coffee machine was much appreciated.

Breakfast in the morning was lovely with a large selection, friendly staff and great views of the Bristol center.

Check in and check out were both quick and efficient and the staff were very courteous.

Much recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the upgrade to business class room for the extra amenities and the view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you very much for the lovely review, Great to hear you like the hotel and yes the view from the rooms is spectacular.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Bristol and in our hotel.

Please contact me directly should you require assistance with your reservation.

best regards

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights Fri to Sun. Long queues at checkin, despite it being mid afternoon. We originally booked 2 nights, then added a third. Sadly, the hotel weren't able to combine them, meaning we had to get the key card reprogrammed on the Sunday morning.

Rooms are very nicely appointed, toiletries lovely scent. Duvet seemed too small for the bed, but as it was warm it didn't matter too much.

One lift was out of order for a day and a half, which seemed a bit poor, although guests were allowed to use the service lift instead.

Our room hadn't been made up on Saturday, on complaining to reception they quickly apologised and offered a complimentary drink, which was good. However, the barman promised us some nibbles, which never appeared.....!

Although they do offer a discount on the nearby ncp car park, it wasn't a big reduction, and 45 quid to park was a significant cost on top of the accommodation. Bear this in mind when costing your break!

All in all, perfectly acceptable, but for me nothing special,and not really worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel. Sorry to hear you were disatisfied with your stay as and as you can imagine that is not how we wish to be percieved.

The friday that you checked in was particulary busy due to Christmas and Inhouse parties, However I will take your comments and act on them, thank you .

In all fairness our hassle free valet service is not really an expencive option. When we compare our all inclusive service against the parking available locally our price is marginally higher due to the service we offer.

Thank you again for the review and hope you will give us another try in the New Year

General Manger

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Extremely poor lighting in the room - not good for my wife trying to do her hair and makeup!!
There were some good touches such as complimentary bottled water, even a shoe horn but this was overshadowed literaly but the lack of lighting

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for the review and for your comments. I am sorry we could not have helped on the evening itself as I am sure this would have changed your opinion. When you do come and stay with us again (being presumptuous) please allow us to get it right at the time. Again appologies for the inconvienience you found. Next time it will be better. guarenteed.

best regards

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for one night due to a work Christmas party. Very efficient check in, even though the phone was ringing off the hook. I had a twin room and it was very roomy although I was disappointed to be at the back on the first floor so no view. Good tea making facilities and there was an iron, ironing board and hairdryer in the wardrobe. Despite lots of lamps, the room was still quite dark with the curtains drawn. Huge bathroom complete with nice toiletries and huge towels although the bath was slow to drain so showering wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been. One of beds had a leg missing (random!) but this was rectified quickly. Despite our party being on the floor above you couldn't hear any noise from the party which is a plus. One minus is that being on the first floor and close to the restaurant (room 101) it was quite noisy in the morning when they were serving breakfast. Talking of breakfast it was one of the best I've ever eaten. A huge selection of cereals (various fruit and nuts for toppings), fruits, pastries and a massive cooked breakfast buffet which included curried chickpeas and rice ... I would stay again (at their discounted rate) but would request a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Request a room on one of the higher floors as you hear all the breakfast traffic if you are on the f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the review and your comments about the room have been noted. The comment about breakfast are also very welcome as it can be difficult at time to always get it right. happy to hear you enjoyed your experience.
Have a great festive season and look forward to having you with us in the new year or before!
all the best

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed for one night at this hotel with my 3 girlfriends. We took the opportunity to do some Christmas shopping and the hotel is well positioned for shopping at Cabot Circus. All four of us were very impressed with this hotel on a number of fronts. Check in was fine and we were greeted with a complimentary glass of mulled wine which was very pleasant. Our rooms were lovely and we had good views of the harbour. We all thought the beds were very comfortable and had a good nights sleep, no noise at all. We decided to stay at the hotel for dinner as it was so cold outside and we were slightly nervous as hotel restaurants are so variable. We need not have worried as the service and food were very good. The breakfast was delicious and lots of choice. Other reviewers had commented on the food being luke warm and I have to say this was not the case for us, everything was piping hot. We would definitely come back to this hotel. I always check on tripadvisor before booking anywhere and I was impressed that the manager always responds to negative comments. We actually spoke to the manager as we were leaving the breakfast area and I am not surprised that this hotel is so good. Here you have a manager that cares about customers and does his utmost to make sure that everything is as it should be. The only slight negative comment would be that we were a little cold in the bar area during the evening but the manager said he was well aware of this problem and it was being looked into. If you are looking for a central hotel to stay in when visiting Bristol you would not be disappointed with the Radisson Blu

Room Tip: Ask for harbourside room as the view is lovely. Hotel were happy to look after our cases before we...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Splendid review and even better as I am mentioned!! thank you so much. i remember the converstation in the restaurant and really glad you had a great trip.
It is always nice to see guests that enjoy themselves and share the experiences. We are not always perfect but we do try hard to be, unfortunately it doesnt always work. Anyway, in your case 100% and we are very happy about this.
Please do get in touch with me in the future should you wish to return and I will be happy to organise your booking.
Have a lovely festive season and best regards