“Excellent food and service”
Review of Prosecco - CLOSED

Prosecco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Prosecco welcomes you with a warm greeting and gently glimmering candles on each table, and offers an authentic take on the feel and flavours of rural Italy. The menu at this friendly, family run restaurant (named after the sparkling wine of Veneto, the wine growing region of northern Venice where head chef Diego Da Rae grew up) is based around recipes passed down from grandmother to grandchild, yet Prosecco is not limited to an old fashioned selection of dishes – diners looking to stray from the traditional Italian fare will delight in the presence of the likes of the chicken liver pate with black grape chutney, alongside Prosecco’s other tantalising inclusions.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Visited with friends on a friday night so had pre booked some weeks earlier and the restaurant was full. We had a very nice round table in the window so were not cheek by jowl with other diners - nice table to reserve.
Service was prompt and efficient without being intrusive or hurrying us.
Starters were excellent, the figs prosciutto were voted as good as they looked as were the fishcakes. My wifes Gnocchi Pomadoro was light and fluffly whilst my Pappardelle with duck and thyme sauce was one of the best pastas I have eaten. Turning to mains, the special Rissotto with beetroot was a huge success as was my pork belly which was beautifully moist meat without fat running through and topped with a sliver of crunchy crackling. Two of our party had the Lemon sole but it did not quite hit the spot perhaps not as fresh as it shoould have been. House wines were competitively priced but next time we will go up the list a little.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were recommended by our hotel to this restaurant which was about 15 minutes walk. The welcome was very good and we were the first diners as it was quite early. During our stay the place filled up. We thought the menu gave a good choice without being too confusing. Portions were good too. It is quite expensive, but you only get what you pay for. If in the area try it, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

£115 for a meal for 2. Virtually no choice (single sheet of A4) further hampered by dishes they hadn't got the ingredients in for.

King prawn pasta with 2 prawns in summed this place up for me.

1  Thank Rob Y
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Visitor to Bristol
Friendly service -hi Sara-with great menu and prosecco
Recommend the pork and window table
Gert lush

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I ate here for the first time this weekend after wanting to try it for ages. The interior is simply decorated with bare wooden tables and more a cafe than a restaurant feel, although it is very pleasant.

Service is professional but we did feel a little rushed. I'm not sure why as it wasn't full so I doubt they needed the table back. For example, they took our food order before we'd ordered any wine. We were a small group of friends and would have liked a more leisurely evening.

The food was really very good, and I thought fairly priced while not cheap. The only low point for us was the prawn linguine in a brandy and tomato sauce which tasted very strongly of brandy and was therefore far too rich. Everything else was light and balanced in flavour so this dish really stood out as being different. The lemon sole was delicious and came with a ratatouille which actually tasted nice and an olive tapenade. It all worked beautifully together.