“Made mistakes but responded positively.”
Review of Giraffe - Bristol

Giraffe - Bristol
Ranked #298 of 1,735 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We wanted to create a friendly, welcoming place where a smile goes a long way! It's about exploring the wonderful foods from around the globe and opening our ears to music from around the world. Giraffes are so tall they see a different view of the world. We LOVE fresh ideas. Giraffe is operated by the original founders Juliette and Russel Joffe and Andrew Jacobs who all have an active role in the day to day management of the business. Giraffe was acquired in March 2013 by Tesco as part of its strategy to utilise some of the space in their larger stores, creating retail destinations that offer customers, in particular families, a compelling experience outside of their weekly shopping trip.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had a really disappointing dish served but... They made up for it. The rest of the food was good, service got better and manager was really on the ball. Poor food removed from the bill and drinks on the house. Looking forward to trying it again and seeing if they can get it right.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I tried Giraffe before, but at another city & was so pleased about it. Went to Bristol & ate at Giraffe again. A huge blow of disappointment. I ordered the steak sandwich, not bad but not even as tasty as those from cafe. My friend ordered half rack of rib, which was quite nice but the portion was so pathetic. That was the first time we had to go to somewhere else after that for my friend to fill up stomach. The worst thing was chips. I never knew skin-on chips could taste that bad. Seemed like they were taken out before they were fully cooked & were left aside for too long. Pale & even the small piece wasnt crispy. Asked for a change & the second one wasn't any better. We should have eaten at a pub instead, at least the chief there would get the chips right. Don't think I'll ever bother to visit there again

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lovely food....staff were brilliant....it was my birthday and they gave us free starter and even made me a dessert with a candle in and sung happy birthday :)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Perfectly edible food at reasonable prices. I had the beef burger, which was very tasty indeed. It was very busy when I went but the staff remained professional, friendly and unflappable even though the queue was out the door, nor were people hustled off their tables. Great job.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Been to a couple of giraffe restaurants in different cities and all have been very welcoming to families with young babies (and kids of all ages).

The food was also good. We had the beef and chicken burgers. Along with a side of onion rings and drinks the bill with tip was about £35.

We were given time to feed our baby etc and not rushed to leave even though the restaurant was busy. Was a nice meal.