“Excellent - don't be put off by location”
Review of Don Giovanni's

Don Giovanni's
Ranked #20 of 1,611 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Excellent - don't be put off by location”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I eat here regularly when staying at the hotel nearby. Although on a busy road & the decor is nothing special this is a fabulous place to eat. The food is great and good value ( especially the tuna!). The staff are really friendly and helpful, going out I'd their way to make solo diners welcome. I look forward to work trips to Bristol just so I can eat here. I have eaten in plenty of paces all over the city and in London, but in terms of great Value for money Italian food & service, this place is hard to beat.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Edwina1962

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great service for a big group”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We used Don Giovanni's for a pre-cider festival corporate meal recently. There were 10 of us and although we chose our food in advance we did not have to. The service was excellent, a couple of us were late but the starters and mains all arrived together and were piping hot. The food is always well presented and the 2-course early bird menu offers great value. Plus the Peroni's always cold. Will definitely be back next year!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Paddy_Bristol_123
Bristol, UK
“The best pizza I've had in the UK.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Having lived in Bristol for many years, this was one restaurant my partner and I had been meaning to try for ages, based in some part on the good reviews on here. Luckily we weren't disappointed. My partner had a pizza and said it was genuinely the best he had ever had in the UK. My cannelloni was fairly ordinary in comparison but still very tasty. The service was excellent as the place was relatively empty so we had plenty of attention. It was raining hard and we were offered a bucket for our umbrella. A small thing but it made us feel immediately welcome. The restaurant is located opposite the entrance to Temple Meads station in a part of town not known for restaurants (it's basically next door to a car showroom but don't let this put you off). This is really handy when travelling or if you're looking for a quieter place a little away from the shops and it has a nice view from the window of the main station building.

Overall a hidden gem with great offers and authentic Italian food. I would recommend going before 6.30pm to get the early evening set menu offer.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Dean W
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Should have come here years ago”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited recently with my wife and another couple, as Don Giovanni's has had a regular spot in the top ten tripadvisor restaurants in Bristol. On the basis of this visit, I can fully understand why.

The restaurant is located on the ground floor of an office block opposite the train station, and is very unassuming to look at. Inside the decor is pretty basic, but clean and tidy. The waiting staff were very friendly and attentive, and even though there were a number of new specials, they were able to talk us through them all in detail.

There are a number of standard Italian fares on offer - the tagliatelli carbonara was fantastic - alongside other less obvious dishes. I had the herb-crusted rack of lamb, which was delicious.

The house red wine was a very pleasant montelpuciano, I would recommend it as excellent value over their other offerings.

Considering we all had drinks, a couple of courses each and prosecco to finish, I thought the meal was excellent value. I very strongly recommend trying this place out, it would be suitable for pretty much any occassion from informal to impressing the in-laws.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Phil C
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Traditional Italian cuisine, fantastically cooked, lovely menu! Staff are great, I've been a few times and I've never left feeling disappointed,

4 Thank JoJo181985