“Pure Italian” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Don Giovanni's

Don Giovanni's
Ranked #16 of 1,551 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Devon
“Pure Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had my wedding reception here in 1984 and the food then was wonderful. The decor has changed over the years but little else has. I keep coming back and I have never been disappointed. Yesterday, I was back for the Italian meatballs with linguine and their freshly homemade profiteroles and chocolate sauce (which the wife polished off in double quick time).
The same Sicilian chef (Andy) from all those years ago is STILL making the best Italian food I've ever tasted outside of Italy. Love it.. and we will keep going back.
Nino Soprano
(Risotto is good too)

1 Thank NinoDevon

Ross on Wye, UK
“A great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Parked up in a side street to go to a function in The Passenger Shed and on our way walked past this little restaurant that looks unassuming from the outside and is currently shrouded in scaffolding. We noticed that at 6.30 there were quite a few diners which is always promising on a Monday evening. When we emerged from the wine tasting event a couple of hours later we decided to pop in and were not disappointed. We were looked after very well by two friendly members of staff and were served delicious garlic bread and lovely authentic pizzas. Good value for money too. Would certainly use again if in the area.

1 Thank MayhemRossonWye_UK
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Quality italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Sorry but I beg to differ from Campbell G's feed back! There is certainly nothing bland about the food in this restaurant. I had dinner there last night with my partner and daughter. There was a pleasant ambience and the staff were professional and polite. We ordered the Calamari picante to start which was delicious. The calamari was tender and flavoursome. It was served with diced peppers and a chilli jam and if you are a lover of seafood I would strongly recommend it. My daughter ordered a fresh pea and mint soup which was one of the nicest soups she had tasted. For the main course I ordered chicken kiev and a side order of spaghetti napolitana. Both of which would leave many of Bristol's Italian competitors in the shade. The pasta was cooked al dente and the sauce was rich and home made. The chicken cooked to perfection. My partner ordered from the specials board (pollo involtini). Which was chicken, rolled with parma ham and smoked cheese. It was served with a selection of fresh vegetables. It would rival many high priced restaurants I have dined in. My daughter ordered a Fillet Steak Diane. I tried some of hers and whilst I am not normally a steak fan, I would definitely order one next time. It was delicious, full of flavour and cooked to perfection. We will definitely be going back. No wonder they are still in business after over 30 years!

2 Thank Tina H
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Tasty meal and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had the ciabatta with olive oil and balsamic vinegar - I was delighted to be given a large dish of the oil and vinegar as usually I only get a little ramekin and have to keep asking for refills! The bread was delicious! My partner had the fillet steak and said it was cooked to perfection. I had the seafood risotto which I wasn't keen on. It had 4 mussels and unpeeled prawn on top and baby octopus and squid rings mixed in the risotto. Personally, I didn't think the flavours blended well and would have preferred to have the mussels and prawn shelled and peeled and served within the risotto. Service was very good though and the prices were reasonable.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank orlayo
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Andrew 54”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my partner and a couple of friends and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of service,atmosphere and delicious food. As we entered the restaurant we were met by a smiling waitress who seated us on a table near the front window. From our table we were we able to see the fabulous Temple Meads building which is located across the road of Don Giovannis Restaurant. The menu had a large selection of meals to choose from as well as a Chef's special menu list which was displayed on a large chalk board near the kitchen. There wine menu contained a variety of choices of wine at reasonable prices. What really impressed me was that we were able to see the food being cooked and prepared through a large serving hatch. I must say that the service was excellent and the staff were very helpful. They clearly had a high level of knowledge regarding the menu and helped my partner decide what on what to order. The food was delicious and the portions were large. We all enjoyed our meals and felt that it was great value. I will definitely visit Don Giovannis again and will also recommend it to my friends.

2 Thank AndrewM54_11