“Keeps missing the mark”

Dynasty Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #242 of 1,640 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Voted one of the top five best Chinese restaurants in the UK by Alan Yau of Hakkasan and Wagamama fame, Dynasty has earned itself a reputation as one of the best restaurants in Bristol. Located in Thomas Street in a chic, cavernous dining space above a Chinese supermarket, Dynasty is renowned for its authentic cuisine and excellent dim sum. Decorated with red lanterns, polished wooden floors and Oriental carvings,the restaurant is perfect for nights out with friends, family and colleagues, and has a Karaoke machine and a private room for throwing parties. Favourite dishes include the oysters braised in a belly of pork, and the baked spicy soft shell crab. Dynasty serves an excellent selection of beers and wine.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I really like this restaurant. The food is lovely and the staff are a very friendly bunch. When I eat in, it's always lovely. But every time I get a take-away, they never fail to completely ignore my request for 'no onions'. I hate being awkward but I absolutely hate them. I repeated this twice today for lunch and low and behold, when I got back to work, it was full of onions. I'd even go as far as saying they gave me extra. It's so frustrating because I really do like the food. They're also not very flexible with the menu.

I'll definitely return for eat-in dinner, but take-aways are a write-off now.

There are newer reviews for Dynasty Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had the four course set menu for two people at £22 per head, and a couple of pints of of Sun Lik lager at £3.50 each. They added 10% service to the bill. The service was excellent.

The satay sauce on the chicken starter was great - nice & spicy. Seaweed: OK, spring rolls: OK, prawn toast: OK, spare ribs: meaty and tasty.

Crispy duck: good, and a good portion.

Sweet & sour pork: nice and crunchy - too much.
Chicken in black bean sauce: good texture and flavour - too much.
Stir fried veg: five in one day - too much.
Special fried rice: way too much.

I would definitely come back here.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We came here as it was recommended by the hotel we were staying at and was so close!
I must say the prices are a little bit high (£10 for the curry alone, another £8 for noodles!) But the food was SO gorgeous!! Went on recommendations of the waiter and everything was stunning!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I visited last Monday evening (4th March), I was on my own in the city. The service was first class, & both the mixed starter & the soup were lovely. The main course rice was a smidge glutinous for my taste, but that's an extremely personal thing. What couldn't be denied & the reason for the 'average' score is no mean feat; my sizzling chicken in black bean sauce was bland, practically no taste to it at all & certainly no bite whatsoever.

This is such a shame as I've read other reviews here & can only guess that I visited on an off-night perhaps.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had been meaning to come here for some time, and after our Saturday night plans changed we booked a table and within 15 mins arrived. Its a busy but there were quite a few tables free. Service was excellent and for 7pm on a Sat night the atmosphere great.
The food was good - nothing out of this world but good value.
I think this place is best suited to groups. They have the room to house large groups and I think it would be a fun place to be.
Havifn said that, we will be back as a couple.