“Good experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Had really good night.My pizza was excellent.Pollo milanese was huge and tasty.House wine was very good.service was not the quickest but very polite.Will go again.

Bristol
“Hair in Food & Rude Staff got ME thrown out of this restaurant !”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I found a inch long black hair in my food. I didnt make a complaint but left half the dish. When asked by the waited why I hadn't finished/ had I enjoyed it, I pointed out the hair.

He called the Manager/ Owner, he stated this was a hair from the mushrooms (?) and 'no-one in the kitchen had hair so it couldn't be them. I them spotted (apparently the bottle washer in the kitchen with the exact same hair! The manager was exceeding rude, he said, 'I suppose you don't want to pay for this dish now' and because of his attitude and him causing a scene I said no, he grabbed a biro and wildy scratched through this part of the bill. He then asked us to leave and said he didnt 'want my sort in there again' and escorted us to the door . I was very upset and can't believe we paid for all the other bland food we had been served.

If you fancy a fawlty towers type experience try this mad house for size you will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank bristolchicky
Bmw330i, Owner at Rocco's, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
we are sorry for your experience at Roccos however some things are beyond our control especially when it comes to airbourne particals.That being said noone enjoys seeing hair on their plate and i feel for you.I can assure you that the temporary manager that was here at the time should have dealt with the situation with a lot more professionalism and that is the reason why he is not part of our team anymore.
Gianfranco owner
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Flavourless food, uncomfortable atmosphere, staff who smiled but paid you little attention otherwise”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The restaurant is pokey, with awful music, awful outdated decor with paint peeling off the walls, and generally uncomfortable environment. I, maybe foolishly, ordered two similar dishes for starter and main. The starter was a skewered chicken with a risotto and a parmesan sauce, the main "pollo Sofia" was chicken with mushrooms with brandy, cream and risotto. The waitress laughed at me for asking for some parmesan with the main, despite the starter having parmesan, which I thought was abit rude, but the food could have really used it just to get abit of flavour! Both dishes consisted of risotto that tasted purely of cream, very bland, with bland peices of chicken on top, and my main was one of the most expensive dishes there! My partner had a sausage and pasta dish, the sausage tasted quite nice (in that it had flavour!) but the rest of the dish was made up with a very watery basic tomato pasta sauce. On top of this, despite the fact that I hadn't eaten half of my main, the waitress didn't even ask us how our food was at any point! Overall a horrible experience, and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy!

Bristol, UK
“Interesting family place”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Rocco's is a no-frills family Italian restaurant that serves family food.

I had a pizza which was authentic and tasted very good. My friend had a creamy pasta dish which looked and by all account tasted great.

They serve a bottled Italian beer (not Peroni) which tasted very good and is very reasonably priced.

Will go there again for a family meal.

• Visited February 2011