“Flavourless food, uncomfortable atmosphere, staff who smiled but paid you little attention otherwise” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rocco's - CLOSED

Rocco's
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

The restaurant is pokey, with awful music, awful outdated decor with paint peeling off the walls, and generally uncomfortable environment. I, maybe foolishly, ordered two similar dishes for starter and main. The starter was a skewered chicken with a risotto and a parmesan sauce, the main "pollo Sofia" was chicken with mushrooms with brandy, cream and risotto. The waitress laughed at me for asking for some parmesan with the main, despite the starter having parmesan, which I thought was abit rude, but the food could have really used it just to get abit of flavour! Both dishes consisted of risotto that tasted purely of cream, very bland, with bland peices of chicken on top, and my main was one of the most expensive dishes there! My partner had a sausage and pasta dish, the sausage tasted quite nice (in that it had flavour!) but the rest of the dish was made up with a very watery basic tomato pasta sauce. On top of this, despite the fact that I hadn't eaten half of my main, the waitress didn't even ask us how our food was at any point! Overall a horrible experience, and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy!

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Bristol, UK
“Interesting family place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Rocco's is a no-frills family Italian restaurant that serves family food.

I had a pizza which was authentic and tasted very good. My friend had a creamy pasta dish which looked and by all account tasted great.

They serve a bottled Italian beer (not Peroni) which tasted very good and is very reasonably priced.

Will go there again for a family meal.

• Visited February 2011