“Lovely memories” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rocotillo's
Ranked #507 of 1,552 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely memories”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been eating here for a good 15 years off and on, it's great place to meet friends, and my children really liked it growing up, sitting up at the american style bar watching cartoons and ordering their gorgeous milkshakes, fries and blackened burgers. Went recently and the milkshakes are just fabulous, meals good value but disappointed they don't do sizzling fajitas any more......and the decor is very slightly looking like in need of refreshing..

1 Thank Jane R

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Wasn't as normal...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've been to this place a few times now and I always rant and rave about how great it is!! But today was different, after ranting I took my sister and my dad out for brunch.
On arrival, as normal they were very busy.. There were 2 booths left, both slightly being obstructed by a large box. With no one seeming to be attending to said box, we decided to slide the book a few inches so we could all sit in the booth, with doing so a man (who I would think was the manger) shouted across the the resturant "Guys watch that box".., fair point.. But the way it was said was so rude, and the look of disapointment on his face really annoyed me, I'm sure when trying to run a business the aim isn't to annoy your guests.. We eventually sat down, after a short time the gent said "sorry to shout its expensive" ... Ok it's expensive but when you resturant isn't huge, surely you want to maximise space not take it up!?
My sister and dad were disheartened by this point and ended up leaving without trying any of the fantastic food they have to offer...

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaxBennett
Preston, United Kingdom
“Back for breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Have revisited Rocotillos twice in the last couple of weeks - once for lunch and the other for breakfast.

I would definitely recommend the pancakes (£4.95) which come with maple syrup and either butter or ice cream. I personally prefer the blueberry pancakes with ice cream.

Lunch is also great at Rocotillos. I had a cajun chicken burger with fries (£6.95) which was delicious - not too spicy and the portion was a good size. Also they have great milshakes and are the only place that I know of that do a coke float.

Definitely a great place to take friends.

2 Thank MooseJawSk
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Brilliant place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went here last week for breakfast. I noticed they had a meal called, the Breakfast Club, which was basically - bacon, fried egg, sausage and toast, all for £3.45 before 10am on weekdays, which I thought was a great price! So thats what I went for, the pancakes looked very appealing but I didn't have much money on me so couldn't go for one of those. Had a taste of my friends which was lovely. Also had a taste of my friend's strawberry milkshake which was delicious! and also another friends snickers milkshake, which was very good. Will definitely treat myself next time I'm there!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ShaquillaandTiesh
Taunton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Been here a few times and always lovely service, delicious milkshakes..and food! So yummy... dont expect a low calorie meal here tho haha!

• Visited May 2013