“Brilliant place!”

Rocotillo's
Ranked #521 of 1,564 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Brilliant place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went here last week for breakfast. I noticed they had a meal called, the Breakfast Club, which was basically - bacon, fried egg, sausage and toast, all for £3.45 before 10am on weekdays, which I thought was a great price! So thats what I went for, the pancakes looked very appealing but I didn't have much money on me so couldn't go for one of those. Had a taste of my friends which was lovely. Also had a taste of my friend's strawberry milkshake which was delicious! and also another friends snickers milkshake, which was very good. Will definitely treat myself next time I'm there!!

1 Thank ShaquillaandTiesh

• Polish first
Taunton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Been here a few times and always lovely service, delicious milkshakes..and food! So yummy... dont expect a low calorie meal here tho haha!

1 Thank Lucy P
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good milkshakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a very small restaurant on the Clifton triangle. The milkshakes are very good, with lots of unusual tastes. The Snickers milkshake is recommended. The breakfast pancakes are also very good. The second time we went here we had the burgers, which are o.k., but not smashing. Stick with the pancakes and milkshakes.

1 Thank hamburg103a
Bristol
“Nice menu and reasuringly busy, but slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a very small diner on the Clifton Triangle which was recommended to us by friends. We visited for lunch on a sunny Saturday. It was reassuringly busy to the point of being heaving, and there was a constant stream of people coming in and waiting for seats / tables.

The menu is broad, with some American style favourites, such as milkshakes, burgers and fries, all-day breakfasts, and short stack pancakes with maple syrup and butter/ ice-cream (These are lovely with added bacon). The bottomless filter coffee was very welcome.

In summary, the quality and value was very good, but the popularity of this venue is also its' downfall. Service was slow to the point of being annoying - hence the average overall rating. However we won't let that stop us visiting again in future.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Unfortunately never again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Rocatillos is somewhere I've been to a few times previous and have always loved the milkshakes. On a visit back to Bristol this previous weekend myself and 3 others decided to pop in for some food and milkshakes, I wish we hadn't! As of the next morning all four of us were struck with awful food poisoning which 5 days later is still firmly with me. The milkshake is the only thing all 4 of us ate in common for the weekend we were together so this is the only thing I can think was the cause. Aside from the food poisoning, the service there has always been pretty bad, such miserable staff!! I'll never be going near that place ever again!!!

• Visited March 2013