All reviews thyme restaurant city centre building work queen charlotte street ten minute walk quiet location castle park temple meads train station self service location is great within easy walking distance long weekend family room checking out bed was very comfortable reception desk
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed May 10, 2019

This was my first time in Bristol on my own, and I was very glad to discover a Premier Inn such a short distance from Temple Meads station, where the risk of me getting lost en route would be lower than if I had had to go further to find it. Its location is very conveniently located between the station and the city centre, so I didn't have to go too far to get to either. It being a Premier Inn, I knew what to expect of the bedroom, and I wasn't disappointed. Standard comfy bed - tick; good soundproofing - tick; decent bathroom - tick; helpful staff - tick. Bonus points for the Thyme restaurant which surpassed my expectations with some very nice fishcakes with mozzarella salad, and background music that wasn't too loud or pulsating (unlike the experience of the TGI Fridays I've been to when staying at other Premier Inns).

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2019

Great hotel providing everything you need for a short break- comfy beds, good value restaurant and exceptionally helpful staff. The hotel is about a ten minute walk from Temple Mead and is near the city centre and river.

Room tip: Room 604 was nice and quiet with little noise of traffic.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Room as always was great. Stayed 12/04/2019 in order to go to London with my daughter the next day. We met at Temple Meads and walked to the hotel (daughter was staying with a friend). We initially wanted to eat at the hotel for convenience but a large rugby party was so loud that we couldn't hear each other speak. We also couldn't get near the bar. People were coming in and walking straight back out again. We left and found a nearby restaurant for dinner. When I got back, the party was still going ahead, some of the adults were comatose on sofas in the bar whilst the children were outside playing rugby.

Why was this group not allocated a function room or told to go elsewhere if such a room was unavailable? Why did the manager not intervene and ask them to consider other guests, some like me who were alone? Having grown up in a rugby playing family, I am aware of how raucous they can get but I don't appreciate feeling intimidated and having to go straight to my room after I got back.

On my return home on Saturday I was asked to complete a feedback form by Premier Inn. I voiced my concerns but didn't even get an acknowledgement. Premier Inn must have lost a huge amount of potential money that night from potential guests.

Room tip: Check who else is staying before booking!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Would be a 5 but the lack of opening windows makes the air quality bad. We came down with sore throats and could hear people coughing in adjacent rooms. For 1 or 2 nights fine, but we were here for 5 nights and it is plain unhealthy. We had come from a Travelodge with opening windows in Birmingham and if given choice again would chose Travelodge in Bristol rather than Premier Inn as although the Premier Inn had nicer rooms and better internet, the health risks are not worth the compromise. Good location (do walk along river from train station), calm and quiet, good free internet.

Be warned that although a cot is provided on request, this is not standard size so a normal travel mattress will not fit. They provide more of a playpen which was short for our 2 year old and they do not provide a mattress. Again a weird decision by them to get these odd cots. Travelodge use standard sizes.

Date of stay: April 2019