“Great poppadums and starters, disappointing main course. Overpriced for atmosphere and main.”

Pipal Tree Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1,852 Restaurants in Bristol
Description: My family and I are life long 'Bristolians' and more importantly 'Eastonians' and it is through this lens we aim to give back to the local community which has provided so much for me and my young family. We look forward to providing Easton, first of all with Punjabi cuisine with a unique British fusion flavour, and in time to come, the whole of Bristol and beyond. With over 20 years as a senior chef and extensive experience in the catering industry, I know this will show in my hospitality as well as the cuisine I provide for a great experience!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The poppadums were really fresh with some delicious homemade pickles. The starters, we had the veg platter were also really fresh and tasty. However, the main courses were quite bland and samey which was disappointing. Decor is a bit lacking, lots of wires and pipes, and atmosphere was only OK because the service was lovely.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great restaurant. We were a party of 6 - 2 vegans, 2 vegetarians and 2 meat eaters and this restaurant catered for us all. Lovely atmosphere and great service. Owner was so welcoming and a great character. Recommend totally. We will be back!

sanjkk, Manager at Pipal Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for this wonderful review, we try to cater for customers with different food preferences to give the best possible experience they could have. We look forward to seeing you return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent, and a nice change from standard "Indian restaurant" fare. My pork was delicious; my veggie friends were delighted with their dishes, and their vegetarian starters included some of best pakoras and samosas I've ever had. I want to come back for brunch some time.
Family run, with enthusiastic and friendly service

sanjkk, Manager at Pipal Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for this very nice review, we serve food that we actually eat at home so we aren't like any other Indian restaurant! Our samosas are made fresh every day with fresh seasonal veg. We would love for you to come back to try our brunch menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a very pleasant and tasty dinner. The owner was very friendly and told us about the family recepies. We definitely recommend it!

1  Thank Heidi T

Thanks for this review! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

We had a really enjoyable meal here.The food is freshly prepared and the dishes are full of flavour and use family recipes to create an authentic taste.
Children are welcomed and there is a good children's menu.The mango lassi was really tasty and is made with fresh mango so not too sweet.
The owner's are very friendly,enthusiastic, welcoming and keen to ensure you enjoy your food,which we all did.thank you.

Thank you very much for leaving us a very kind review! The mangoes we use for the lassi are fresh ad organic mangoes and it great hearing you enjoyed all your food as we couldn't be any happier.