“Excellent tapas”
Review of Paco Tapas

Paco Tapas
Ranked #85 of 1,946 Restaurants in Bristol
Description: Just like its namesake, Paco Tapas offers a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere. With an influence from Andalucía, Paco's dishes are colourfully tasty and stay true to authentic Spanish cuisine.
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Bustling yet relaxed vibe. Food was incredible especially the Spanish omelette! Fish also spot on. Service from staff was fabulous don’t usually get service like that outside of the USA. Reasonably priced too if you don’t go too mad on alcohol. I will go again

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank ndb1989

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

The most expensive and stingiest tapas I’ve ever had for sure!!!!! The Manchego was cut so thinly you could barely taste it, the tortilla was so runny it is served with a spoon ( I am Spanish and never seen that in my life!), the patatas bravas weren’t ‘bravas’ at all, in fact they were really bland, the lamb chops were very tasty but ridiculously small, the chorizo slices, again, are cut so thinly is like eating air and worst of all the gambas al ajillo which are ‘brushed’ with oil and garlic so no tasty garlic sauce to dip in any bread and you get two for £13,50!!!! The waiters are in your face clearing up the plates so quickly that we were made to feel really uncomfortable, the place is so small they obviously need a fast turn around! Left the place still feeling hungry and ripped off. This place wouldn’t survive in Spain for more than two minutes! Real Tapas is small affordable tasty dishes you can indulge in and this is not what you will find here.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank Foodiespaniard
Reviewed April 26, 2019

We have eaten at Paco Tapas several times before and always enjoyed the experience. I'm pleased to say that this occasion was no different.We looked at the chefs tasting menu but decided to go free style. The member of staff who served us was excellent and extremely helpful.Having ordered we sat outside in the sunshine enjoying our wine until the food arrived. The food was delicious and the highlight was the stuffed quail. If you want to goo booking is essential as several groups were turned away whilst we were dining.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I have visited Paco Tapas on a sunny Saturday for lunch. The place was picked by my partner and I didn’t know much about it until I got there. It was my first Michelin starred restaurant experience and I wasn’t disappointed. Great atmosphere, friendly but professional service and the food was absolutely faultless. I love how our choices of tapas were paired accordingly and brought to our table in stages. We didn’t feel rushed at. Total bill for 7 tapas to share with a couple of drinks each came at £50 per head, which considering the quality of the food served and portion sizes it was good value for money. I have already recommend to some friends to try and I will definitely come back to try other items from the menu.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant about 15 times since our initial visit last July. Every time the service and food has been spot on and faultless.

Michelin star food with very warm and relaxed atmosphere which is excellently delivered by James and his team.

We will be booking again to go next week I expect.

Carabineros