“Easter weekend”
Review of Paco Tapas

Paco Tapas
Ranked #86 of 1,944 Restaurants in Bristol
Description: Just like its namesake, Paco Tapas offers a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere. With an influence from Andalucía, Paco's dishes are colourfully tasty and stay true to authentic Spanish cuisine.
Reviewed April 26, 2019

We have eaten at Paco Tapas several times before and always enjoyed the experience. I'm pleased to say that this occasion was no different.We looked at the chefs tasting menu but decided to go free style. The member of staff who served us was excellent and extremely helpful.Having ordered we sat outside in the sunshine enjoying our wine until the food arrived. The food was delicious and the highlight was the stuffed quail. If you want to goo booking is essential as several groups were turned away whilst we were dining.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I have visited Paco Tapas on a sunny Saturday for lunch. The place was picked by my partner and I didn’t know much about it until I got there. It was my first Michelin starred restaurant experience and I wasn’t disappointed. Great atmosphere, friendly but professional service and the food was absolutely faultless. I love how our choices of tapas were paired accordingly and brought to our table in stages. We didn’t feel rushed at. Total bill for 7 tapas to share with a couple of drinks each came at £50 per head, which considering the quality of the food served and portion sizes it was good value for money. I have already recommend to some friends to try and I will definitely come back to try other items from the menu.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant about 15 times since our initial visit last July. Every time the service and food has been spot on and faultless.

Michelin star food with very warm and relaxed atmosphere which is excellently delivered by James and his team.

We will be booking again to go next week I expect.

Carabineros

2  Thank ToJo_2011
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

For many years Barrafina has topped our best dinner list, finally we've found a challenger close to home. The food, service and wine were outstanding. Yes it's expensive if you order off the main menu but these raw ingredients haven't come from your average catering supplier, the tomato salad (Sicilian) was a highlight, that prawn was one of the sweetest I've ever tasted. If there's one thing Paco trump's Barrafina on its the set menu, the value is incredible for £50 you get all the highlights of the menu and treats just keep coming. Looking for to coming back already.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

Visited recently and shared the tasting menu across our table. The menu was actually quite generous in size for a tasting menu but quite a few errors undermined what we all thought of it. The bottom line for me was that the cooking was pretty ordinary given that michelin standing of this restaurant. There was little invention going on and if you are aiming to deliver good quality cooking based on good quality ingredients you have nowhere to hide when it goes wrong. The positives for us were the vibe of the place, the bread that was served, the chorizo was good (and not over picante), the pork belly was tasty (if a bit plain). Negatives where under cooked tortilla - very runny egg in the middle and being half Spanish I am prepared to except a runny tortilla but this really was pushing the margins, under cooked lamb rump - again we are happy to except pink lamb but parts of ours where just purple and uncooked, croquettes were too salty and gambas al ajillo where served with the sauce poured over the top meaning that you had to make an almighty mess pulling off the shell only to then have to smear the cooked meat inside with the residue of the sauce still left on the shells !! Come on guys put the sauce in a separate container so that we can dip the prawns in without having to go to the toilet for a clean up !! Our bill came to £60 per head with very little alcohol and this did not in my opinion represent good value for money. As I said, all a bit disappointing.

1  Thank AnnonFoodFan