“Cheap night at a clean and tidy hotel!”

Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel for an overnight stay after a day at the zoo in Bristol and it was perfect for us! The hotel was clean and tidy, there were plenty of staff on hand, even into the night, and we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room! Great value for money, and overall a really nice stay!

• Stayed: March 2012
Andrey_Belogortsev, Team Leader at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Great to see you rated the hotel perfect for yourselves. We wish to welcome you back to the Ibis Temple Meads in the very near future.

Lauren Evans

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We paid £69 for this room on the 12th of Feb and thought it was very over priced, although clean it is very basic, i.e no fridge, a few shelves and a hanging rail instead of wardrobe, we have stayed in other "budget hotel chains" for less money and far superior facilities. But the most disappointing thing was going to the bar and ordering a bottle of wine to be told it was out of stock, so was the next two we tried, however they did have the most expensive bottle available!!! We declined and will not be staying in an Ibis hotel again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at The Ibis Temple Maeds. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter within the Bar and can assure you this will not happen again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a great stay, right beside the train station with regular flyer airport buses, ten minutes walk to the centre of things. Staff all pleasant, in particular Chinedu in the bar and Antonio the night porter were friendly, helpful and the type of staff that would make me want to return :)
It was a shame that I couldn't get a reduced rate when I extended by stay by another night, but I guess I got a decent rate on booking.com for the first night!

• Stayed: January 2013
Andrey_Belogortsev, Team Leader at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. Your comments have been passed onto the team.
I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Temple Meads.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel was within easy walking distance of Temple Meads station. Hotel is new so all amenities are good. Food was fair, cost good. My advice would be check your room on arrival. We had no cups - so early coffee was in plastic glasses from the bathroom! Bath towels quite small too. Be careful, there is no car park, only a public one nearby and it only takes coins (£8 for all day!)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Temple Meads in the very near future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was my first stay at the Ibis as my office was nearby and it was a steal at £35 compared to another hotel I normally use. As it was only for 1 night I though how bad can it be and the reviews seemed decent on here. I got the airport bus to the train station and the hotel is a 10 minute walk from there.

The room was large and although I had expected it to be very basic it was nice to find a kettle with tea/coffee, internet access and toiletries in the shower room. The shower room is like a pod but with a surprisingly large shower cubicle with a very strong shower.

I arrived on a Sunday evening and was told that there was no chef that night however there was a snack menu available. There are no other eateries around for at least a 15 minute walk so I thought I'd need to eat from the snack menu or not eat at all. I can't fault the choice and I opted for the lasagne with salad which was better than I expected and reasonably priced.

The bed was very comfortable and I had a very quiet nights sleep. In the morning I was adjusting the sheets on the bed and found some strange stains on the mattress cover!! Lets just say they were not stains that had been washed out a few times and appeared to be very recent! For the price I had really rated this hotel however cleanliness is something that should come as standard.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. I am glad that you enjoyed you generally enjoyed your stay, we have taken note of your comments and these have been passed to housekeeping management. Rest assured there will be no future occurrence.

We hope to welcome you back to the Ibis Temple meads in the very near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

When I travel to Bristol this is always my first choice. even better if you can get a good deal on price.
It is always clean comfortable and although some find the rooms on the small size, they have all you require, great for the station, town centre.
I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for posting your comments.It's great to see we would be your first choice when visiting Bristol. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at rhe Ibis Temple Meads.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My brother and i stayed in the hotel on wednesday 30/01/13,we stayed in the hotel because we were visiting friends during the night, when we checked in the receptionist Ewa was extremely friendly and courteous, we met our friends late that night ( great night in Bristol by the way absolutely great spot!!) and we then returned to the hotel, the night porter Antonio was so helpful and friendly,he made us sandwiches,pizza and lasagne upon our request, he was full of chat and I will most definitely return to this hotel because of the service with a smile attitude that we received. Thank you so much to Antonio and the rest of the staff at the ibis, you really made our stay perfect!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It i really great to see you liked our location and our staff made your stay. Be assured your kind words have been passed onto the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Ibis Temple Meads in the very near future.