“Good location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

If travelling to or from Bristol Airport this hotel is ideally situated if not wanting to use a car.

Temple Meads railway station is within 5 mins walk as is the bus to the Airport which leaves from the station.

Very reasonably priced room, good hotel facilities and price of the bus trip one way was £6. Easy decision to leave car at home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Andrey_Belogortsev, Team Leader at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and to see you were very happy with our location. See you on your next trip.

Lauren Evans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beziers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My situation is that I fly frequently from Bristol to southern France. But, the most economic flight leaves Bristol early in the morning (usually around 07:30). I have the choice of driving through the night (from London area) and parking or going on the train the night before and staying somewhere in Bristol. Given this scenario, the IBIS at Temple Meads is absolutely perfect. I can get a late evening train and then in morning get the early Airport Express bus from the station to the airport (they run through the night). The thing that makes this all so easy is that the IBIS is in easy and pleasant walking distance from the station (great assett in the current weather conditions!).
Regarding my latest stay at the IBIS, the staff are excellent, there is a restaurant on site and the rooms are spacious and clean and very quiet. The first room allocated to me was fine, but the TV refused to tune to any stations. I went back to reception and within 5 minutes I was in another room, bigger and with a fully working TV. Great service! I left early in the morning and was greeted again by a friendly receptionist and felt good as I left (even at 05:30!).
I will definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone for a short stay near the main Bristol train station.

Room Tip: They all seem good to me - well sound-insulated and easy access.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted
to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Temple Meads to make your stay as pleasent as the last.

Epping, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Myy boyfriend and I were very pleasently surprised when we arrived at the hotel. It was far more plush and modern than we expected. For £25.50 for the two of us for the night the value was incredible. Only 15-20 mins walk to the centre of town it was a very convenient. The only negative comment was that our toilet didn't flush properly and you could slightly smell sewage from the bathroom (unfortunately we forgot to tell the reception in the morning, sorry) but I'm sure they would have sorted it out immediately. Other than that it was perfect, comfortable, warm, quick service and good check-out, check-in times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrey_Belogortsev, Team Leader at Ibis Bristol Temple Meads Quay, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback. I am very glad to see you were pleasently suprised when you arrived at the hotel and you wer happy with services we offer.
For your comfort in the future, please be advised that hotel staff are available around the clock to assist guests with any issues that may arise; and this instance may have been able to offer you an alternative room to ensure you a more comfortable stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the Ibis Temple Meads in the very near future.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel was really great, the service very oriented and really recommendable.
The breakfast service was always delicious and tasty for all kind of guests.
This means tea, coffee, croissants, muffins, bread, jam, eggs, etc.
The rooms were very cleaned and completely equipped. The atmosphere amazing,
the receptionist Antonio Colabello was super, very friendly and a perfect supervisor!!! You can feel welcome at any time.
I really like it.

Room Tip: Friendly and attentive staff
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your
stay. I am very glad to see you were very satisfied with all the services we offer especially our breakfast. The team will be delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Ibis Temple Meads.

Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'll be staying on Bristol once a week and needed somewhere as cheap as possible but where I could get a good night's sleep. I'd tried 2 other places last year that cost more and were far poorer quality - not even in the same league.
I booked in advance and got my rooms for £31.50 a night.
The staff couldn't be more helpful and let me have a look at rooms when I visited in advance before booking. They also let me choose the room I wanted and gave me use of a safe in teh luggage room to leave a few bits so I dont' have to carry them every week. No extra charge for that.
Everything was clean and in god condition. The bed was comfortabel - a slightly thicker duvet or spare blanket would be handy in winter as I don't like to keep the room itself too warm.
The room itself was huge - I'd stayed in a 4* Mercure over Xmas and my room there, although more plushly furnished, was half the size!
Very good idea to have shampoo/shower gel dispenser in the huge shower.
Another advantage is that it's only a couple of minutes walk across the bridge from the back exit of Temple Meads station.
Overall, I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a budget price with an aboe budget feel and service. I'm looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: The views are better in the rooms near the lifts - they look over the river/canal but the rooms with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We welcome all feedback that we receive from our guests, including positive comments which help us to recognise and reinforce excellent service within the team. I am very happy to see you compared us as better than many other hotels in the area. I will certainly pass on your comments to my team. I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and remembered.

We hope to see you soon.

Team Leader
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent value for a servises and for a money. I was in Ibid Temple Means Quay and my holidays was great. Thank you very much. The staff is really professional and helpfull. Thanks a lot. See you soon.I hope soon, asap.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review.Very much appreciated and the team will be delighted
to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Team Leader