“Why Haven't We Been Here Before?”
Review of La Piazza - CLOSED

La Piazza
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar, specialising in authentic, homemade Italian Pizzas and Pastas. A spacious venue for private parties.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a lovely birthday supper here, booked at the last minute. The staff were very friendly and a hit with our shy 8 year old son - especially the Irish chap - and made us feel very welcome and well looked after. All the food was freshley cooked, and they accommodated picky pizza topping requests with ease.
I genunely can't think why we haven't been here before. It's great and on our doorstep. Just one observation though - we were easrly diners on a Saturday evening yet 3 imes the waiting staff had to ask us to choose alternative foods and drink. This can only have got worse as the evening went on because it was filling up fast.
Thank you though. We had a lovey time and will be back!

2  Thank Andrea W

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was a very good lunch for a group of us, some with the Christmas menu, some using main menu. Staff very helpful and pleasant and limoncello liqueur excellent to finish the meal.

1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The service was excellent and so was the food - really delicious and I have eaten here on many occasions but always feel I need to visit the chip shop on the way home as the portions are meager - very small indeed, even with a dessert I am still hungry!

1  Thank karen w
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was recently treated to a lunch here with work and I had a seafood pizza and a beer and was really quite impressed.

I went back the following week and had the same again, although this time the pizza was lacking prawns and the mussels were de-shelled ... it was still nice, just different.

I have previously written this place off for having an evening meal due to it's location (you have a lovely view of a business park carpark from the windows), but based on my recent lunchtime experiences I think I would consider going again in an evening.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We came here again after a long break. Last time we visited we were pretty disappointed with the quality of the food.

Sadly, on a Saturday evening the restaurant was empty so didn't have much of an atmosphere. We were swiftly greeted and seated by a very friendly man. Menus were dispatched and drinks quickly arrived. I had a starter of meat-balls in a rich tomato sauce, these really were superb. My husband went for the calamari which he said was beautifully cooked and not rubbery. I chose the 'sea-bass ravioli' and my husband went for a bacon pasta dish. His was lovely, mine was 'interesting', it was nicely cooked and tasted fine, may be a bit over powered by garlic, but visually dying the pasta in squid ink probably wasn't a great idea. If you ate with your eyes you would want to avoid this one, although it tasted fine. We finished off with a couple of really nice desserts, my cheesecake vanished in about a minute.

The bill was very reasonable, there was plenty of choice and everything thankfully is back to how it was quality wise. It is under new management (we were served by the very cheery manager) and now we will be back.