“Booking mix-up!”

Ranked #43 of 52 Bristol B&B and Inns
Somerset
“Booking mix-up!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I Saw mixed reviews for this place but I'm not too fussy if I'm just staying one night so I thought I would give it a go as it looked like great value for money, however, I was very disappointed.
I booked through Booking.com a week before and received confirmation of the booking via email. I knew this was a "self-service" hotel so I was awaiting the room details and door code to be emailed to me. Two days before the arrival date it hadn't arrived so I emailed the hotel. No reply. One day before I noted my payment had been taken from my bank (inc parking) but still no room details. I phoned the hotel directly to be told that it was not possible that I had booked a room as they had booked the whole place out for some festival. I eventually convinced them to take my details and reservation number. After some further faffing about I was told it was the fault of Booking.com. That may be but they should have seen my email from the day before and sorted something or at least contacted me. I was told that there wasn't any rooms at the hotel but they had another building almost a mile away where we could stay. I had no option as I need a room as I was attending a friends wedding. I then received an automated email with the room details, no apology or explanation given. I replied to enquire about the parking (that I'd paid for) as the new location didn't have any parking facilities. It's now three days later and I haven't received any reply or refund for the parking.
The room at the new location was a reasonable size with an en suite however it was dirty. The sheets and towels were clean but nothing else was. The floor hadn't been vacuumed, the TV didn't work and there were pictures on the floor waiting to be put on the wall. Half the bulbs in the lights didn't work. The radiator in the bathroon was stuck on full blast and (yep, you've guessed it) the dial was broken so it couldn't be turned down or off. The building was on the A370 so there was lots of traffic and leaving the window open was very noisy.
It's quite possible that the main hotel is great but my experience was one I wouldn't like to repeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PhillyBSomerset

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a bank holiday weekend to enjoy the cider and sausage festival nearby. Great location, just 10 mins from the main quay and walking distance to shopping etc. We were very lucky to have been 'upgraded' to the executive suite as we only paid for the standard double. Lovely room - clean and contemporary and I would have given it 5/5 BUT one major flaw - no mirror next to any power points!! As a lady this was potentially a nightmare but with a bit of clever thinking we sorted the problem! My friends who were also staying in other rooms had the same problem. I also couldn't connect to the wi-fi - not an issue personally as I was traveling for pleasure but if staying for business this could've cause problems. I would use this hotel again though in the future as for the price it is a bargain. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Well, this hotel 'offered' me the worst experience I ever had in my 15 years of travelling around the world.
To begin with, I booked this hotel for an 1 monthl staying. Before I even get there, I had to send many mails because the land'lady' (lady in quotes..) didn't even bother to send a response with the confirmation of my booking. You can see similar descriptions
in previous reviews too :Its a repeated pattern for this hotel.
Lets go to the main menu now: : I was about to stay in a 'deluxe double room'. If you take a look at the webpage of this 'hotel' you will see that a deluxe room offers the following:
1) King-side bed (that is how they translate the two single mattresses that they put together to look like a double..)
2) Shower that was broken and you must do magic in order to keep the water pressure and temperature constant.Worst hotel shower ever:damaged and mulfunctioning..I almost got burned from the sharp transition from cold to hot, although I never touched the shower buttons
3) Internet service that was interrupting all the time , and the owner told me:I should not download (use skype, youtube e.t.c) cause downloading is limited and you can get no more streaming!!! Of course, they did not mention this in the 'Free WiFi subscription', although I told them I use the internet for my work, and they knew I was about to stay there for a month!!
4)There was not even coffeee (only tea-bags inside the rooms), although its described in the specs
4) And the worst: Their terrible attitude and their unprofessionalism that is beyond of any description. I will just say one thing and you can judge:
She kicked me out of the house although I had booked for a month, one month before , and although that the owner knew that I had nowhere else to go. Not only she didnt even try to fix all these problems but she kicked me out!!! It was my first day in Bristol, and she kicked me out with 3 suitcases and I started searching all the bed and breakfast in town,I didnt even have a UK number..You can imagine,,
When I found one other very nice bed and breakfast , the owner told me that she had heard before relative stories regarding the 24 hotel. And the ridiculous thing is that she kicked me out because as she said:' we don't want here very demanding and busy people. We need people that don't complain'.
The fact that I had booked the room 1 month in advance and
that they did nothing in order to have the basic facilities, doesn't count for them!!
Of course I was rude, because they were totally rude to me and ironic.For example, when I complained for the internet, they said: Its your fault you don't even know to use a you don't know to use the internet code (listen to this!!!..although I'm a network engineer they insisted I don't know to use the code..For those who know I pinged the router and the latency was over 200ms!!!!, whereas the normal should be up to 10!! That why the connection was so crappy...the funny thing also is that I will be working in one of the largest telecom companies in Bristol as a network engineer..Really unbelievable )
Taking the above into consideration, my friendly and only advice is :STAY AWAY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, STAY FAR FAR AWAY from this terrible people!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Aggelos P
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Was supposed to be staying here tomorrow evening - was a bit concerned as I hadn't received the code to get in the hotel by 3 days before our stay, so I emailed the hotel to ask about it and was told it would be sent 24 hours beforehand. Emailed again at the end of this afternoon only to be told they have no record of our booking (but according to my bank account they DO have my money...)

Room Tip: To choose a good room... book somewhere else! :-(
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sookie9
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for more than a month until we found a apartment. Nice little room with sofa, bed, cup board, kitchen with necessary utensils, microwave, oven and every little things you need when you stay in a house. Washer and Drier is available with nominal charge if you don't want to go to the launderette. I would definitely recommend for anyone who wants a kitchen facility. Close by to the harborside bristol, ASDA that makes it even better for your stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Bristol with a group of friends. I stayed in a large double room fully equipped with a comfortable double bed, tv, ensuite bathroom, sofa and fridge. The fridge was a nice addition as I was able to keep some items there, but there was also a kitchen which we all had access to with all the necessary equipment. The entire place was nice and clean and the location was great, just a 5 minute walk to ASDA and a 10 minute walk into the city centre. I would recommend it want a great stay for a really affordable price, then pick here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Wiveliscombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Once again another great stay at hotel24seven. Accommodated myself and a group of friends and having access to our own kitchen proved very useful. Very close to the city centre and asda. The rooms were clean and tidy.

• Stayed April 2013