I Saw mixed reviews for this place but I'm not too fussy if I'm just staying one night so I thought I would give it a go as it looked like great value for money, however, I was very disappointed.
I booked through Booking.com a week before and received confirmation of the booking via email. I knew this was a "self-service" hotel so I was awaiting the room details and door code to be emailed to me. Two days before the arrival date it hadn't arrived so I emailed the hotel. No reply. One day before I noted my payment had been taken from my bank (inc parking) but still no room details. I phoned the hotel directly to be told that it was not possible that I had booked a room as they had booked the whole place out for some festival. I eventually convinced them to take my details and reservation number. After some further faffing about I was told it was the fault of Booking.com. That may be but they should have seen my email from the day before and sorted something or at least contacted me. I was told that there wasn't any rooms at the hotel but they had another building almost a mile away where we could stay. I had no option as I need a room as I was attending a friends wedding. I then received an automated email with the room details, no apology or explanation given. I replied to enquire about the parking (that I'd paid for) as the new location didn't have any parking facilities. It's now three days later and I haven't received any reply or refund for the parking.
The room at the new location was a reasonable size with an en suite however it was dirty. The sheets and towels were clean but nothing else was. The floor hadn't been vacuumed, the TV didn't work and there were pictures on the floor waiting to be put on the wall. Half the bulbs in the lights didn't work. The radiator in the bathroon was stuck on full blast and (yep, you've guessed it) the dial was broken so it couldn't be turned down or off. The building was on the A370 so there was lots of traffic and leaving the window open was very noisy.
It's quite possible that the main hotel is great but my experience was one I wouldn't like to repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel24seven combines the charm of Victorian architecture with all the modern facilities that visitors should expect from a quality hotel, including free wi-fi, secure off-street parking and ensuite facilities in most of the 30 rooms. All rooms also benefit from a writing desk, refrigerator, colour TV & DVD, iron and ironing board. Unlike most hotels in Bristol, we offer guests the use of a fully fitted kitchen, so you will have maximum choice and flexibility about when, what and how often you wish to prepare and eat a meal during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel24seven Bristol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel24seven Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Hotel24seven Hotel Bristol