Tried this unmanned hotel on a one-night stay in Bristol.
While my room, the building and location were all good. The admin side of the booking process and some of the simple issues normally sorted out by having staff remained unsolved. I had to phone them several times to find out how the process worked, I did not receive an e-mail with any sort of confirmation which made me a little nervous. On the phone I was promised an e-mail giving me my access codes unfortunately that e-mail never arrived. I met another couple trying to get in to the hotel, but once again they had no e-mail giving them access codes either.
In the room, there were several minor problems which need resolved, none of these were massive but they would be the sort of thing you would mention to a receptionist and hopefully they could send up a maintenance man to fix them.
In my room, the cistern stuck either full open in which case the cistern never filled and water constantly flowed into the bowl, or with a bit of a jiggle, the water stopped in which case there was no water to flush.
The catch on the bathroom door was misaligned and I got stuck in the bathroom for a few moments> I was able to resolve by using the handle of a toothbrush.
Shower head was broken but still functioned after a bit of jiggling.
Parking is available and secure on site if pre-booked and pre-paid. Although the system for using it is a bit 'clunky'. Park on a yellow line, go to your room enter the codes and gain admission. Find the fob for opening the garage door, go and open the garage and park the car. Then walk from the garage outside back to the room, entering the codes as you go. Leaving requires the reverse sequence, so you have to part on a yellow line again and close the garage door before returning the fob back to the room. So for one night on my own it was a bit of a pain.
Even after all the minor complaints, I can see how it could work, its nearly right.
It is an easy 10 min walk to the old center and the pub across the road was OK for a quick (and cheap) drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel24seven combines the charm of Victorian architecture with all the modern facilities that visitors should expect from a quality hotel, including free wi-fi, secure off-street parking and ensuite facilities in most of the 30 rooms. All rooms also benefit from a writing desk, refrigerator, colour TV & DVD, iron and ironing board. Unlike most hotels in Bristol, we offer guests the use of a fully fitted kitchen, so you will have maximum choice and flexibility about when, what and how often you wish to prepare and eat a meal during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel24seven Bristol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel24seven Bristol Hotel Bristol
- Hotel24seven Hotel Bristol