YHA Bristol
$71
$110
$107
  • Restaurant
All reviewsself catering kitchenbunk bedsgames roomyouth hostelshared roomlaundry facilitiesgreat locationtoilet and showerpad lockcheap staycafe barrooms are basiccommunal areasfifth floorsingle roomwater frontcentral location
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I am not used to stay in hotels but I think it was perfect to my stay in bristol because the location, the modernity, good atmosphere and comfortable beds!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2010

It's recently refurbished apparently, but the family en suite room was grim, endows dirty, shower yuck and rubbish still in the lockers. Staff in different, breakfast was included in the price, but you are served the portions and is very mediocre.
I travelled with my 3 children, including baby. I would not stay here again. The thumping music from the bars conitued until the early hours and the majority of guests seem to be here for the nightlife (we were there for the theatre) and returned loud, raucous, singing, swearing, banging, running, knocking on doors etc. It was shocking. If you have kids, go somewhere else. If you having a lads or ladies night, then this is for you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ruby2sh0es
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We arrived in Bristol and had only booked one night of accomodation and there were some misunderstanding on the room category initially (I spoke to a lady on the phone agreeing to book an en-suite room for £59 but we got a double decker room, w/out an attached bathroom for £55 instead), it was bearable because the room was clean and THANKFULLY, the shared bathroom was clean too! No funky smell or anything like that.

There is this receptionist, this young man, if I'm not wrong, his nae is Henry? >_< who was extremely helpful to help us find our next accomodation (It was the week of the Ryders Cup event), he hand wrote a list of motels and B&Bs and not only that, he called himself to the B&Bs himself and just when my partner was giving up, I gave it one last shot and managed to book us for 2 nights at MALAGO BED & BREAKFAST, which was like 10-15' bus ride away from town.

Oh the wi-fi is chargeable £1/10', £5/24 hours, but it works extremely well!
Skype calls were a breeze.

The whole looking for an accomodation at the very last minute (especially when the town is busy with some events going on) was stresfful but it is all these little things that happens during the trip that make us look back and thought "Aww, that was hectic but definitely fun!"

And we had more than fun in Bristol.
I fell in love.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChoosyandPicky
Reviewed July 10, 2010

central, riverside location, really lively and helpful staff...great canteen and good kitchen. Rooms are fine. clean and who can complain at 20 quid a night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank sankes
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Excellent place if you just want somewhere to sleep for the night. Don't be put of by the fact it's called a hostel, it's very modern, very cheap and is situated 30 seconds from the best bars!!