“The No. 1 Coffee #1”

Coffee#1 Welsh Back
Ranked #53 of 202 Quick Bites in Bristol
Description: Award-winning coffee, cakes and pastries for breakfast, lunch and tea. Comfy sofas, beautiful interiors and cosy corners that you can hide away in for a quiet half an hour are as important to us as the cake we serve and the service we give. Come and see for yourself.
Reviewed May 30, 2019

Upon walking in to the store, I was faced with a queue of at least seven customers. I was highly impressed with the speed and efficiency of the team, as they managed to blitz their way through each order until I was greeted at the till by an extremely polite member of staff.
After ordering a Flat White, I received my drink in hardly any time at all and went to find a seat in the well-lit spacious environment. My drink tasted absolutely delicious and was beautifully adorned with an intricate pattern. I am super impressed by the considerably high standard of service that was given to me that day and will be happily returning again and again :)

Date of visit: May 2019
Emma H, AM at Coffee#1 Welsh Back, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

Thank you for this amazing review, Marek and the team will be so happy to read that we have got your experience just right. We do hope you to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2019

The staff were lovely. Coffee was good. There were a few vegan soup and risotto options. I had a blackcurrant crumble which was also vegan and delicious. Prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: May 2019

Thank you for your great review, we are working very hard to ensure that we are able to cater for as many different dietry requirements and am pleased we have got it right for you. Hope to see you again

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

A barista here shouted 'perv' at a customer as they left so I can't recommend. Coffee is quite good and broad choice of regions.

Date of visit: May 2019
Emma H, AM at Coffee#1 Welsh Back, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, this is something that I will follow up with the manager.

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

This was the best cafe we found for breakfast during our short stay in Bristol. It had a warm ambiance, very polite staff, quick service and tasty food.

In very comfortable chairs, we enjoyed the breakfast panini and ham & cheese croissant with orange juice and a pot of tea. There’s no view, but it’s very close to the docks and ‘must see’ sites like M Shed and St Mary Redcliffe.

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: April 2019
Emma H, AM at Coffee#1 Welsh Back, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Thank you for this great review, we are pleased that we got top spot in your eyes. Hope you can find us in other locations you may be visiting too.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

I just love Coffee #1 (we don't have them in the north - so I make the most of them when away from home visiting the south). The café has a lovely rustic feel to it, the staff are friendly and welcoming, fair-trade and eco-friendly - and you can take away a bag of 'spent' coffee grounds to feed your garden.

My partner loves the 'Berry and Hibiscus' tea - for me its a cappuccino and the Belgium chocolate cake. I have to stop reviewing here because I'm back home and missing it already!

Date of visit: April 2019
Emma H, AM at Coffee#1 Welsh Back, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Thank you, what an amazing review you have given us. We are always delighted when we can please our customers and you never know when we will open at a place near you (we may be coming already....) Hope to see you next time you are visiting the south