“A Banquet night with friends”

Siam Harbourside Thai Restaurant
Ranked #436 of 1,577 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Thai, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Siam Harbourside - an authentic licensed Thai restaurant located on the Bristol waterfront.Under new management since February 2010, we offer a new menu of delicious Thai food with a very authentic taste; from our famous Thai green curry to a rare sticky rice. Why not try our delicious Tom Yum Goong, one of the iconic dishes of Thailand. Our attentive waiting staff in traditional Thai costume, and our ornate carved wooden chairs and decorations re-create an atmosphere of Thailand. We are open for lunch and dinner Tuesday - Sunday. Take away orders welcome.
Poole, England
“A Banquet night with friends”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had a fantastic meal here with friends, with good authentic flavours.

For 4 people we decided to go for a banquet meal C (Spicy) for 2 and Banquet meal A (seafood) for 2. Firstly let me say that ordering this for 4 was far too much food and we could have easily have had just a banquet for 2 with perhaps another dish. However saying this we still managed to eat it all, finished off with a couple of beers each.

Total cost including a tip came to £140 so expensive for a Thai restaurant, but the food was of high quality and we all enjoyed it.

Service was very good, food was well presented a feast to the eyes and everything was hot.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank aircub

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good Thai food”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited with friends on 2 occasions in the last month or so and the food was very good. The service was ok but not much interaction with staff and value for money was good. We will return!

Bristol
“Distinctly average...”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went here for a special meal as we'd wanted to try the place for ages, nice location next to the river (although the view is a bit obscured by another building).

I have to say I was very disappointed. As a student many years ago I lived in the centre, a few doors down from a fried chicken shop, so we could smell the horrible extractor fans some of the time. As I walked in, the smell which greeted me was exactly the same, greasy and lingering. Obviously they deep fry some of their food, but I have never experienced the smell anywhere else other than from that chicken shop. So, it got off to a bad start!

The spray painted polystyrene on the walls was very naff and they are in desperate need of a new carpet as it was very tired.

However, the staff were pleasant and the food was nice, not amazing, but okay. I wont be going back there again to sit down and eat, however I think it would be okay for a takeaway order.

• Visited October 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, good service”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I went here with my old workmates for my leaving do. The table was booked for about 12 and we had on visits to other places we had some issues as we are a big party.

However no issues here - service was very good and efficient.

The decor was fine, but the food surpassed my expectations - zingy flavours with really balanced thai spices. I tried the duck in honey for a starter - sticky and sweet and something I hadn't had before at a Thai. I then shared two dishes - pad thai and a beef dish - both were fabulous.

Definately worth a try! Just wish this thai was in Bath!

• Visited August 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I should start by saying that the food was good , the restaurant very clean and service very good but overall was disappointed in respect of value for money.
There were five in our party and we all had starters which at £5-95 each came to £30. The portions were minute and whilst the salad leaves and carrot were really well presented it was not a good start ( or starters )
The main courses were very good but my wife had green chicken curry which had been clearly shown to be mild but was too hot to eat. Thus we had to split our meals and take a turn with the curry followed by clod water.
Two of our party had puddings which were still frozen when placed on the table and obviously had come out of the freezer a minute earlier and had not defrosted. Ironically those who had eaten a share of the curry quite enjoyed it.
The food bill was just under £100 and with four bottles of beer, two cocktails and two soft drinks the final bill was c£125. Jugs of water were complementary without having to be requested which was good.

• Visited August 2012