“Dire - Oh how they have lost the plot” 1 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Express
Ranked #848 of 1,556 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dursley, United Kingdom
“Dire - Oh how they have lost the plot”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The worst pizza I have eaten in a restaurant....the only reason I didn't make a fuss was that it was my daughter's birthday and I didn't want to dampen the occasion.

Pizza(Romana) was dried out, overcooked and practically tasteless - disgraceful. I suggest you get yourselves to Rome - go to Baffeto's spend about 4 euro and find out what a simple 'Rome style' pizza should really be like.

Corporate complacency - a rip off.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wiltshire, UK
“Not great but not terrible either”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My mum and I visited this branch early on a Wednesday lunchtime. The restaurant was quiet and there were maybe one or two other parties at the time. We were greeted within a few minutes of our arrival but we thought it was strage that we were asked what we wanted as if it wasn't already obvious that we wanted a table to eat.

We were given a few moments to browse the menus before we were asked if we wanted to order drinks. There wasn't a great choice of beers and I feel that the drinks are a little bit on the pricey side but other than that there was no cause for complaints there. After the drinks had arrived we were ready to order our food. We were asked if we wanted to add any starters or sides but we decided against that. The food itself wasn't the best we've ever had but there was nothing worth complaining about either. We had a voucher code and had we not have had that I'd have said that the food was overpriced for what it was.

• Visited September 2013
Hampshire
“Delicious food spoiled by slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I do wonder why this chain of restaurants has chosen such a name. My dictionary defines the adjective express as "operating at high speed." I am not sure that I want my food served at high speed but this service did seem particularly slow. The restaurant was quite empty and so we thought our food would come reasonably promptly. When the main courses eventually came, one of the pizzas was misssing and it was eventually delivered five minutes after the rest of us had started. Even the ice creams we ordered took an age when we guess they just need to be taken out of the freezer. Having said that, the food was delicious and when we did complain about the length of time the food had taken, the cost of one pizza was deducted from the bill. I am not sure we would choose to eat there again unless we wanted a romantic and leisurely meal. But the food was great!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bialystok, Poland
“Nice pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I enjoyed the pizza very much - maybe not the most amazing one I ever tasted, but still very nice. Staff was ok. Interior design pleasant.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Service generally awful but otherwise quite good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is somewhere I have visited a lot, we go because it suits everyone and the food is reliable. Generally the service is awful, the management is non existent and not bothered and so you are at the mercy of the general waiting staff so if the good ones aren't working your whole experience can be ruined. However, last Thursday I was pleasantly surprised that there was a new Italian waiter, and he was fantastic and I had the best experience that I have ever had there - despite two managers still sat in the restaurant doing little to help. So overall this restaurant is clean and the food is always quick and good, the toilets are decent and if they could get some staff training on the go then it would be an easy lunch every time.

• Visited June 2013