“Lovely Food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I booked this on-line for my husbands birthday. If you're booking for a special occassion I'd recommend phoning the restaurant directly as they didn't make a note of the birthday and it was unfortunately ignored on the night. Actually, even when I mentioned it on paying the bill it was still ignored! This was a bit disappointing but couldn't distract from the lovely food, which of course is the main reason for going. My starter of the ashet of salmon was beautiful, as were my husband's chilli prawns. I had the cod steak with shellfish sauce for my main meal and this was lovely and light and extremely tasty. A great selection of fish and non-fish dishes and extensive wine list will bring us back to this restaurant.

1  Thank Jobenina

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Me and my partner visited for an evening meal on a cold wet March evening.
On first impressions the restaurant was warm, vibrant and has a good atmosphere.
The staff were welcoming, attentive and very friendly.
The food was excellent and was served super fast.

Negative points I must make is that the tables are on the small side and once we had our drinks and our mains of Halibut and Lobster Frites with with side of mussels, scallops etc with a finger dip bowl and bowl for shells there was no room at all. Also the tables are too close together with the waiter/waitress bumping into the chairs every time they served the neighbouring table.

Still we would return and perhaps ask when booking to be seated elsewhere. : )

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Came here for lunch,service was very slow and staff seemed they hadn't been trained up properly and seemed awfully young,ordered fillet of sea bass,it was so bad,tasteless and full of bones,after complaining they brought me another which was just as bad so decided safest option was some bread and butter till my partner had finished her dish which amazingly was ok for her,maybe I was just unlucky but won't be visiting again !

1  Thank LEEDSRGR8
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Four of us went for lunch last week. We were served by both a waitress ( or maitre de perhaps) and a young guy who quoted the specials like he was reading cue cards very fast. Both waiter and waitress tried to sell us an accompanying dish of a mussel mixture quite aggressively.
I ordered pan fried salmon ( mistake, way too oily) and sauté potatoes which were literally swimming in oil. In retrospect, I should have requested an alternative at the time, but didn't want to mar the occasion.

Won't be returning.....:(

2  Thank Chrissie P
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Unlike a previous reviewer, having had an excellent meal and service in the Milton Keynes branch of Loch Fyne, I decided to book a table for a group of four friends at the Woburn branch, as it was nearer to home for us.

The restaurant was busy but not packed and we soon placed our orders. I asked what the waitresses recommendation would be for a medium dry fruity wine but her reply was that she didn't know much about wine. I had to push her and request that she ask someone who did know about the wine list and eventually we did get a recommendation (which was very nice and just what we were looking for). We requested bread and olives but these did not appear. The starters were good but sadly we had an extremely long wait for our main course and when it came two of the dishes were cold and two were hot. A further very long wait for desserts followed. Needless to say we consumed our bottle of wine long before desserts arrived and we requested a second bottle. This was placed on the table in a bucket of ice with the comment 'sorry someone forgot to put another bottle to chill so I've put it in ice!'. We were not offered an alternative chilled bottle and it proved really warm. When the bill arrived it was incorrect and had to be reissued. What could have been an excellent meal was spoiled by poor service, cold food and warm wine. Clearly there was a problem with co-ordination in the kitchen or with the serving staff but we won't be risking this restaurant again.

1  Thank Jexania