“Overnight break for us two :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Woburn Hotel

The Woburn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woburn
South Bedfordshire
“Overnight break for us two :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Inn at Woburn was a great choice of venue for a getaway break for my partner and I.

Being local to us was important but so was a quality stay, Inn at Woburn provided these two handsomely and more.

I (Mr) wanted a special night for us and from booking to leaving, the whole experience left me feeling refreshed. The staff were very polite, accomodating and welcoming.

The room was very clean, had been laid out as i asked and furnished nicely. All in all we were both very happy indeed in general and would not hesitate to recommend to anybody.

I will look forward in the future and say that we will be staying again and want to say thanks to all staff in making our stay a very pleasant one indeed.

Thanks

W & L
South Beds

Room Tip: If staying in summer, leave bathroom door closed as we think the towel rail (permanently on) heated...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Inn, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here with a group booking for 2 nights, with a reduced rate. We stayed in a standard double (top floor), small room but excellent quality firm bed (we both have sensitive backs to soft beds). Well designed bathroom, always lots of hot water in the morning when we like to have a bath. Dinner on both nights was excellent including the Society Dinner on the Saturday night - steak, tender well cooked and very hot. Extremely helpful and polite waiting/house staff. I had reservations initially booking this hotel as it was in the middle of Woburn, we do not like noise when we are away as we live in a very rural area. We would definitely stay again. As free range egg producers there were no poached eggs available at breakfast, but if I had asked, which I didn't, I am sure they would have been provided. One of the group was partially disabled and access was not a problem for him and he would return. We visited the House and Deer Park on the Saturday and had the most fabulous day at the Woburn Estate. Our guide Penny was superb, and in each room there are laminated folders with full details of all the pictures/furniture/ etc. Everything has been well thought out and the loos are VERY CLEAN!

Room Tip: Take a top floor room, very quiet no noise from other events going on.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Mrs MChook,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your great and detailed review on this site.

We were all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the Abbey.
We all hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back at the Inn in a not too distant future.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here last night for my sister-in-laws wedding at an apparently reduced rate of £100 B&B. The rooms are small but smart with a comfy bed & a great shower. It didn't have air conditioning which was a shame as it was roasting & due to an event on we couldn't have the window open due to noise. I was disappointed at the size of the room 307 as a Holiday Inn is larger. Nice big bed though. Breakfast was lovely- good quality full English. I would not stay here again due to price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us but sorry that you feel that we are expensive. Our executive rooms are larger than our standard rooms but all rooms have been recently refurbished and like you say have large and confortable beds. We also offer lovely cottages that have also been recently refurbished.

I really hope that you will re-consider staying with us as we offer great breaks and preferential rates to all the wonderful attractions the Woburn Estate.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

The inn is nice and most of the staff nice.

In this mostly quiet town, I should have been able to sleep like a baby.

But there was a horrendous mechanical/creaking noise above my room that started at 6:30 AM every day and lasted twenty minutes. Then another. It spanned the entire hall. Then banging, another new loud buzzing noise. Part of building.

Pity really

Food was ok. Breakfast was alright, not great, but the staff there were very accommodating and friendly

• Stayed May 2013
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Maybellehoney,

Thank you for posting your comments about the Inn on this site.

As your guest comment card was passed to me after you checked out yesterday, I am currently investigating this issue about the noise that spoilt your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I am pleased to hear that you found the place and the team nice. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the quality of our food, however I would have been delighted to hear your suggestions on how to improve our offering.

Once again thank you for your feedback, I sincerely hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon to the Inn.

Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the above captioned hotel and although the facilities provided were reasonable we did not consider that value for money was provided. We only booked a standard double but were expecting something a little larger than that presented; it was almost impossible to pass by each other within the room (and we are not large people). The bathroom was adequate, although the shower and wash basin taps lacked any sustainable pressure, only one hand towel and one bath towel was provided (although more were available on request) Breakfast was good and plentiful.
We have stayed in far better hotels for considerably less expenditure; were it not to be close to our extended family I doubt that we would have considered this establishment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stephen s
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank yuo for posting your review on this site.

I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied by the standard double room you stayed in.
All standard rooms have been fully refurbished in the last few months, if not very large, the rooms are fresh and comfortable. Other room types such as cottages, suites are also available at different rates to meet all guests requirements and expectations.

I thank you for mentioning the issue you had with water pressure and I can assure you that we are looking into the matter.

I sincerely hope that if you have the opportunity to return to this area, you will contact me personally in order for me to find you suitable accommodation with value for money.

Dunstable, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed in one of the converted cottages on the night of our wedding, which was included in our wedding package. Taking into account all that had happened in the previous 12 hours we were delighted by what we say when we arrived in the room.

The room was outstanding, it was immaculate and well designed. We were able to relax and enjoy the small amount of time that we had at the hotel.

We overslept so missed breakfast uncomfortable so are not able to comment about the food.

The only downside was that we did not get time to enjoy the room but I had one of the best nights sleep that I have had. I would really like to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
First and foremost congratulations to you and your wife.

We are pleased that you chose Woburn for your wedding venue and that you had the opportunity to stay with us on your wedding night.

The cottage, you stayed in, is one of seven that have been recenlty refurbished. So we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the room decor and facilities.

In the next few months we will completing the last stage of our bedroom refurbishment by renovating the original part of the Inn, this again to create a section of rooms with great character and style.

We do hope your will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon (maybe for your first anniversary!).

In the meantime, enjoy married life!

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Popped in for Sunday lunch one sunny day in April and were pleasantly surprised at the food in Olivers. Great decor great service and great food. Beautiful restaurant with comfortable chairs and lovely table linen. Very elegant. Lunchtime menu was adequate but not a lot of choice for me as a vegetarian. Roast beef was excellent and plenty of it ( according to my companion) service was friendly and attentive and the wine was very good. A lovely comfortable stop off for lunch after a nice stroll around the high street. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review regarding your lunch at Olivier's.

We are delieghted to hear that you enjoyed not only the food but also the servcie and surroundings. Accolades for Olivier's include two AA rosettes since 2007 and it has been nominated the best restaurant in Bedfordshire by the Foodie guide for the third year running.

We do hope that you will have the opportunity to re-visit soon and sample our new Spring and Summer a la carte menu produced by Olivier Bertho and his brigade.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Longs Inn Hotel
Bedford Swan Hotel
#8 of 18 in Bedford
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews
BEST WESTERN Moore Place Hotel

Been to The Woburn Hotel? Share your experiences!