“Afternoon tea 6.32013” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woburn
Milton keynes
“Afternoon tea 6.32013”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Booking and staff good. Tea arrived 10 minutes before the food which I had to go and ask for. It arrived looking less than tempting. What happened to presentation? The 'finger' sandwiches should be renamed 'thumb''! Dry, thick sliced bread with minimal filling. Jam and cream were good but the scones hard. The cake layer was pretty unintersting, and the 2slices of fruit cake we did not attempt as it looked dry and pale.
This was supposed to be a treat for an elderly lady's birthday. Staff apologised but the whole thing was a complete disappointment. Not up to the usual standard of food at the Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Muriel S
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Muriel S,

I am so sorry to hear that we failed to impress you on your last visit for afternoon tea. I understand that you brought the matter to our Duty Manager’s attention on the day, however I am disappointed that her actions did not convince you of our goodwill; therefore you felt you had to post your views on this site.

I sincerely hope that this recent visit will not prevent you from visiting the Inn in the near future and you will allow us to restore your faith with the quality of food served in our establishment.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed for a residential Board meeting in January 2013, and was lucky enough to be given one of the cottages as my accommodation. I have previously stayed in the main block rooms here which are comfortable and well equipped. The cottage was something special with a ground floor sitting room and an upstairs bathroom and bedroom. Bed comfortable, immaculate decor and a real feeling of being home from home. As part of the meeting we had an excellent private dinner, and the overall stay was first class.

Room Tip: If you can get a cottage do so!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve P
Dear Steve P,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay in our refurbished cottage but also your meeting and dinner with us.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit Woburn again in the near future and also enjoy all other facilities that we have to offer on this Estate.

bedfordshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went for Sunday Lunch 3rd of march with friends, had been recommended sadly we did not agree the place itself is quite nice it has good parking, the staff were very nice and welcoming and therefore we were expecting a good meal, but it was anything but good.
The choice on the menu was very limited, The starters were just about okay,Three of us had the Beef doubt it was fresh cooked in fact it reminded us of packet beef with an odd smell, I went for the Belly Pork and it was awful there was no way you could get a knive through it as it was so tough and even if you could have you would only have had a mouthful of meat, this we sent back the Veg was poor and not cooked all in all very poor and we will not return.
They offered to replace the Pork but as anyone who has been in this situation knows you would rather be able to eat and enjoy a good meal than have to be sending it back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shirley p
Dear Shirley p,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear that you found the ‘place quite nice’ and also appreciated ‘the good parking and the welcoming and very nice staff’.

I am, however sorry that you did not enjoy your Sunday lunch with us and especially the Pork Belly. I thank you for bringing this matter, firstly to our Restaurant Manager’s attention on that day, secondly on this site, however I am very disappointed that you left our hotel unsatisfied.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our restaurant and if so please contact me directly as I will be delighted to make the appropriate arrangements.

Warszawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good old english fashion style. The service, the breakfast, rooms are excellent. I am not quite sure what is the no of stars, but I have slept at some 5* hotels, and did not have as positive impressiion there as at The Inn at Woburn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Inn.

My colleagues and I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon in our lovely little three star hotel.

Ampthill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last weekend and we were absolutely amazed at how nice the hotel was and how warm and friendly the staff and atmosphere was, we have alway been a 4 star hotel guest but to be honest this hotel was a lot better than some of those we have stayed in, our room was last minute and if I were to really look for a negative the room was a tiny bit too small but the room service was great, the breakfast was fantastic, fantastic sausages fresh orange juice staff could not do enough, infant we were asked three times if we wanted any more tea,coffee or toast despite the restaurant being busy for breakfast as it was 9 ish so prime time.
Lastly the colour schemes and decor really do push this hotel beyond 3 stars lovely
Well done we will come back and we defiantly will not be rating snobs any longer.
Well worth a visit

Room Tip: Had an impromptu lunch at the black horse less than 50 yards away great food lovely wines an
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear KarlT,

Thank you for posting your review on this site.

We are all very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and also your visit to Woburn.

It is kind of you to say that our overall standards are similar to a good four star hotel... maybe something to work towards to in 2013...

Regarding rooms: I guess you stayed in one of our double standard rooms, which are smaller, however we also have executive rooms and newly refurbished cottages, which are larger and suitable for longer stays.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon in Woburn.

Your sincerely,

The North West
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a great Hotel with excellent staff, nice bar and lounge area, and great breakfast.
The only problem we had was the matress in room 216 was totaly worn out with springs or something prodding you all night and caved in the middle. I did report this to reception and they thanked me for telling them and made a note.

Overall if you need to be in the area this is the place to stay you should not be disapointed

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that you did enjoy your recent stay with us, despites the issue with the mattress.

I recall you making the comments on check out, which gave us the opportunity to resolve this issue on the day. However I am sorry that the matter had not been noticed and sorted prior to your arrival.

We all hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon in Woburn.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We visited the Inn after a visit to Woburn Safari Park. We chose to have cream teas which were lovely! We sat in the bar area as we had not booked a table and we ended up on a table tucked a bit out of the way but the food and service was brilliant! I had hot chocolate with my scones which was amazing!

The scones were fresh, straight from the oven which was fantastic (one of my pet hates is scones reheated). The portions of jam and cream were also really good.

Overall I was very impressed and intend to come back for full afternoon tea very soon!

Thank you for making a lovely Sunday have a perfect finish!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review regarding afternoon tea at the Inn.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time at the Inn and we hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Longs Inn Hotel
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn
BEST WESTERN Moore Place Hotel

Been to The Woburn Hotel? Share your experiences!