“Great customer service”

Galloway's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Woburn
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Great customer service”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We took my Aunt and Uncle out for their 45th Wedding Anniversary to Galloways in June. We have dined at the restaurant before and really enjoyed it so wanted to share the experience. We had not mentioned that we had booked this as an anniversary meal when we rang to book but whilst chatting to the bar staff it was mentioned that this is why we had booked the meal. We thought no more of this. The meal itself was as good as ever. When the desserts arrived my Aunt and Uncle were served first and their plates both had Happy 45th Wedding Anniversary piped on them which was a really great touch. They were both thoroughly impressed by the fact that this had been picked up from a conversation in the bar. We would thoroughly recommend Galloways and we have booked to go for our 17th Anniversary in August.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank KarenMoyle

Milton Keynes
“What a very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been to Galloways before and previously found it to be very overrated and overpriced. The last time we went there was at least two years ago and the owner was frankly rude and patronising.

Last Saturday, 3rd August 2013, we attempted to eat at the Il Sapori Italian Restaurant in Woburn only to find when we got there that is had closed down and ceased trading. Galloways is a few doors up the road from Il Sapori and my partner asked "shall we risk this again?" Well, we decided to give it another chance because lets face it, every business has its bad days and people deserve a second chance.

I am so glad we did. The owner welcomed us like long lost friends and was really polite, friendly and helpful. My better half is wheat intolerant and he was so pleased to tell her how easily they could accommodate that with gluten free bread etc. He told us that they don't ever add flour to sauces and as absolutely everything is cooked from fresh it would be really easy to change anything.

All of the food was spectacular. The service was attentive, very charming and friendly. They didn't keep us long and even though our wine was at the lower end of their price range it was still really good. My only slight aggravation, which I have with many restaurants, is that I like to pour my own wine. I don't like somebody coming along and without even asking filling my glass even though it wasn't empty. I wish waiters would at least ask before they do that.

It was a brilliant meal, in great atmosphere and really good value for the quality of the food and service we received. We will be going back there frequently.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank MarkAOrr
church brampton
“david is certainly the son of alex”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Alex Hay was an outgoing and entertaining character,well known in the golf world and his son David follows in his footsteps.He strikes just the right note with his warm welcome and his excellent staff follow his lead.
Everything about the restaurant seems to be just right.The food is very good and the service tip top,even at a busy Sunday lunchtime.
David makes time to speak to everyone and nothing seems too much trouble.
This was our first visit,and I hope not the last.

• Visited July 2013
Ampthill, United Kingdom
“The best pork in the whole wide world”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My name is Ben and I am 6 years old, I recently went to Galloway's for my Dad's birthday, with my sister, Mum and Grandma. We go to Galloway's for Sunday lunch on special ocassions - I have been going since I was 3 months old. I had pork roast dinner and it was the best pork in the whole wide world and I wanted to tell you all about it.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ben J
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Wonderful......can say no more....”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been to Galloways on many occasions and have not once been disappointed, the restaurant is charming, the atmosphere is wonderful, the food is always cooked 'just right', the service is always wonderful, and David the owner is the perfect host............no need to say keep it up, as they have for years.........perfect............

• Visited July 2013