“No Human Compassion; Cash is King!”
Review of Longs Inn Hotel

Longs Inn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I recently booked to stay at this hotel on the night of August 16th, 2013. Unfortunately, on the morning of the 16th, a family crisis developed, making it impossible for us to travel. I called the hotel to cancel, expecting to pay a cancellation fee, only to be told that I would be charged the FULL rate for the evening. And if further proof were needed that money trumped all other considerations, and that the guiding principle here was to make as much money as possible at every available opportunity, I was offered a discounted rate if I re-booked the hotel for a later date.

I might have been less affronted at such severe booking terms and conditions if I had received e-mail notification of them beforehand, but the hotel confirmation, including the aforementioned terms and conditions, arrived in my in-box on August 17th, one day later than the reservation itself! I note from other reviews that I am not the only traveller to experience an inefficient and muddled confirmation process from this hotel.

In attempting to discuss the situation with the hotel's management, I was politely hung up upon, after the person to whom I was speaking dispassionately demanded to know whether it was her fault that such a family crisis had occurred and insisted that there could be no movement of the hotel's position.

The building has a warm and charming facade, but, in my opinion, hides a cold, money-grubbing, and disorganized (the confirmation process) interior.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet E
There are newer reviews for Longs Inn Hotel

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked for ourselves and some family via their online booking.The first surprise was that despite having received a confirmation we were contacted a month or so later to contat the hotel with credit card details again so the booking would be confirmed, as we thought it was all booked and secure.

The major surprise came when we arrived only to be told there bwas a function and food would not be available that night. No excuse for no letting is know. Having said that we walked down the road and had a great meal at the Bell.

Also we were told breakfast was at 7am,only to come down and finbd another guest waiting and the staff eventually arrived at 8am.

The rooms were excellent and we would certainly stay there again, but the overall service left a lot to be desired. It's not difficult to improve such basic service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to stay in Woburn to celebrate our 10th Anniversary, we searched for hotels and saw that Longs Inn was rated highly and so booked.
We stayed in one of the Inns en suite rooms and I was surprised at the size of the room and bathroom, lovely and roomy, with everything you might need, TV and free WiFi in the room and bar area.
The room was a bit dated, but this added to the whole experience, it took me back to family holidays of yesteryear. The included Breakfast was lovely, cooked to order and I heartily recommend the sausages, delicious!
I found the location excellent within reach of all the local restaurants and bars, and within easy reach of the M1 and Milton Keynes to fulfill any shopping or entertainment needs.
Parking was ample, but be warned the access is very restricted, so if you have a 4x4 ask when booking where best to park.
I really enjoyed my stay, and will definitely return, and would advise anyone staying at Woburn to think about Longs Inn if you are looking for real value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Blackers1979
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband chose the Long Inn's hotel as a stay over for our friends wedding locally. On arrival it had a nice small check-in and was swift service. Our Premier Double Room was located on the 3rd floor after 2 sets of narrow staircases. The room was clean and quaint but the carpets were tatty and extremely worn in certain areas. The room was nicely decorated. What let this hotel down was the very hard/thin matress and extremely creeky bed that seemed to be held together what boards of cheap wood. Also the toilet and bath area has a 'sani-flow' system, which meant that anytime you flush or drain the water the noise was soooooo loud and you would easily wake up your neighbours in the next room. We ended up being paranoid to flush the toilet or drain the bath until we knew it was a suitable time in the morning!
This hotel is lovely downstairs and there is good option for the breakfast included in the price. Can't complain at all over the service or restaurant area.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LJ123456
Reviewed August 9, 2013

After trawling the internet for what seemed and eternity, i stumbled upon Longs Inn we were travelling to Woburn for a visit to the safari park and needed somewhere too stay for one night. What a find! we were warmly greeted by friendly staff, shown to our family room which was amply sized for me, my husband and 12 yr old daughter. The room was nicely dressed with a mixture of eclectic furniture, comfortable four poster bed, lovely laundered bed linen, tea/coffee making facilities and ensuite. The breakfast was the best we have had for sometime and considering we had stayed at a 4* international hotel in London the night before there was no comparison Longs Inn was far superior. This hotel is minutes away from the park and offer larger accommodation as well so we are planning to return soon with friends asap.

Room Tip: We had a family room at the front of the Inn facing the road but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ASHLIE380
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lovely quaint coaching inn. You need to watch your head in the bedrooms (I am 6' tall) Lovely friendly welcome, inviting bar area where you can relax, restaurant serves excellent breakfasts & evening meals. We stayed for 2 nights in June as a base to visite Woburn Abbey & Safari park, we where not dissapointed with the the hotel. Just remember some rooms have baths some have showers so whatever is your personal preference

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We were looking 4 a last minute hotel in Woburn & this place is a gem. Really good size comfortable double room with ensuite. Very clean with a lovely big shower. Just a shame we were only there 4 1 night.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
The Woburn Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
Hilton Milton Keynes
Hilton Milton Keynes
#15 of 35 in Milton Keynes

Been to Longs Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!