See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I recently stayed at the red lion inn when visiting the area for the evening.

Initial impressions are a quaint typically British traditional pub.

Upon arrival the staff were immediately helpful and let us check into out room early. She explained that the owners had recently taken over and that the rooms had been renovated. The room itself was cosy and beautifully decorated - very homely. The bathroom was a decent size and the bed very comfortable.

The pub itself was bustling with locals who seemed like they couldn't do enough! They were so incredibly welcoming and we felt like we were right at home.

Great beer, food and company we almost didn't want to leave to go to our evening function!

I would highly recommend.

Thank you for such a lovely stay.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

I recently visited the red lion inn,madley,Hereford and I can honestly say its my last! The pub looks quite inviting from the outside,however inside is a different story.. The tables and chairs are filthy, the bar is falling to bits and the gents toilets were flooded with urine. The beer I had was off and when I approached the landlord, he was extremely vile and rude and told us to leave. He is a vile drunk with an even viler pub! We will never return here. The previous landlords were a lovely couple from Canada and will be missed. The present landlord is a vile man and a drunk. AVOID THE RED LION IN MADLEY HEREFORD!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

First time visiting , very welcoming staff .very cozy pub with a lot of character.A good outside play area for the kids.Food is incredible and a wide variety of drinks to choose from . Will defiantly be returning!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Jimmy R
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic staff and food .
First visit made very welcome.
Traditional old world pub.
Sensational location in beautiful village.
Looking forward to our next visit.
Icing on the cake Marstons Pedigree on tap.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2017

Had an evening meal here and was very impressed with the standard of food and level of service from lovely hosts who have recently taken over the Red Lion. Attention to detail and nothing was too much trouble. We will be back. From other reviews it seems that the accommodation will be equally good with the same attention to detail

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family