All reviews pub next door the pub bed and pillows plenty of free parking late check family room quiet night car park great shower sized room ross on wye short drive nice stay quiet location on arrival short stay good nights sleep
Reviewed October 9, 2015

I was looking for a clean, basic place to stay in the Hereford area, but as I was travelling solo and visiting relatives didn't need a 4* establishment. The hotel was comfortable and provided exactly what was offered on the website.
There is no restaurant and the next door pub doesn't do breakfasts so I ordered the breakfast boxes. They were adequate for my needs and good value, but if you need a cooked breakfast you would need to go into Hereford. My only slight niggle about the room was that although it had a flat screen TV, it was a smaller 4:3 format and wasn't adjustable for angle.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank 695nigelw
Reviewed October 1, 2015

Didn't realise you could bring dogs here, our room was covered in dog hair so complained and to be fair we were instantly moved to another room which was spotless.
Think website should make it clear animals are welcome, would not have stayed had we known

Room Tip: If you dont want dogs in your room check ahead, didnt realise it was dog friendly
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2015

we stayed here just one night after a family wedding. The lady on reception was very courteous and efficient. The rooms were spotlessly clean and warm. The restaurant next door was very reasonably priced for breakfast and here also the staff were very friendly and efficient. The hotel more than met our needs and for the price we paid we have no complaints at all .

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank JORICH17
Reviewed September 25, 2015

Hereford was very busy courtesy of the RWC so I stayed a bit further from town than i would have liked. You get what you pay for with Travelodge........that said the Hilton in Swindon is the same price!! The entry lobby is a bit basic, but the wending machine is useful for that late night chocolate fix and the bottled water.

The rooms are very basic. Cheap looking and sparse furniture adorn the room. Mine was a family room so I felt very lost as there was a massive gap at one side. I think a further bed rolls out from under the main bad for the kids to sleep on.

The bed was pretty comfortable though and the actual room was free from traffic noise. My sleep was disturded though by a malfunctioning toilet which had running water all night long. Closing the door helped. It was room 21 by the way!

The bathroom was ok but the lack of adjustment on the shower head meant most of the water went over the taps and not me.

Didn't have brekky as the co-joined pub (The Grafton) seemed to have stoppeddoing them so went to McD's in Hereford........it's a lot cheaper anyway.

All in all in served a purpose but a little too basic for my likes so I only use them as a last resort.

Room Tip: Higher numbers are good so as to get away from the entry lobby!
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2015

Oh dear Travelodge what have you done to your rooms

Large room with nothing in it bar cheap furniture - you rave about your beds which to be honest were no better than other hotel chain beds.

No mirror within a reasonable distance of a plug ...so expect to be blow drying your hair blindly.

Horrendous cheap plastic "glasses' which if your there more than 1 night do not get replaced even though I did fling them. Desk was dirty and carpet could have done with really good vacuum

Lighting is cold and hostel like and as pointed out by others nowhere to put clothes bar the wall hanger.

I know it is branded as an economy option but your competitors in that market like premier inn and encore are getting is so much better

I won't be returning and that goes for any Travel lodge not just this one as I would rather pay a little bit extra to receive basic standards

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business