This place is not as good as it was, but it is okay for pub grub. I had the battered red fish for starters, which was good as were my faggits (I know this is spelt wrong but Trip Advisor wont let me spell it properly as they see it as a profanity - idiots), but my husband was disappointed with his steak main course - maybe he should not order steak in a pub. Okay for a lunch venue - has outdoor seating, so good on a sunny day. If Bakewell is busy, then it is easy to drop down here instead
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18th-Century Restaurant/Public House with 8 beautifully appointed double en-suite bedrooms. Situated just 1 minutes drive outside the Peak District National Park we are well situated for all local amenities including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, and the towns of Matlock and Bakewell. Nestled to the rear of the Pub, alongside the the River Derwent we also have 29 hard standing pitches with electric-hook-up to accommodate Touring Caravans and Motor homes and a separate Tent field, facilities here include Hot Showers, Toilets, Chemical Toilet disposal and Washing Up facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Grouse and Claret reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grouse And Claret Hotel Rowsley
- Grouse And Claret Rowsley, Derbyshire