Having booked from the Christmas Fayre menu for the 8th Dec 2012, we found the veg let it down being luke warm and not a good selection, the brussels appeared to be cooked from frozen, not fresh. No bread roll with the soup as per menu, brown bread only and was not given a choice. no bread sauce with the main as per menu, no orange segments in Clementine Orange Pudding more like orange peel and had to look hard to find any. all in all rather Disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18th-Century Restaurant/Public House with 8 beautifully appointed double en-suite bedrooms. Situated just 1 minutes drive outside the Peak District National Park we are well situated for all local amenities including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, and the towns of Matlock and Bakewell. Nestled to the rear of the Pub, alongside the the River Derwent we also have 29 hard standing pitches with electric-hook-up to accommodate Touring Caravans and Motor homes and a separate Tent field, facilities here include Hot Showers, Toilets, Chemical Toilet disposal and Washing Up facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Grouse and Claret reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grouse And Claret Hotel Rowsley
- Grouse And Claret Rowsley, Derbyshire