We have visited the Grouse and Claret many times on trips to Matlock and have always had a good meal with excellent service. We went this last Saturday night (27th October) and were very disappointed. The service was bad, the staff were not interested and the food was not as good as it used to be. It seemed the staff would rather just wander around, our main course plates were cleared and the guy never asked if we wanted a sweet and I had to ask another member of staff for a sweet menu. Once we had finished our sweets it was though we were being pushed to leave as lights were being turned off. Sorry but you have lost 2 loyal customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18th-Century Restaurant/Public House with 8 beautifully appointed double en-suite bedrooms. Situated just 1 minutes drive outside the Peak District National Park we are well situated for all local amenities including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, and the towns of Matlock and Bakewell. Nestled to the rear of the Pub, alongside the the River Derwent we also have 29 hard standing pitches with electric-hook-up to accommodate Touring Caravans and Motor homes and a separate Tent field, facilities here include Hot Showers, Toilets, Chemical Toilet disposal and Washing Up facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Grouse and Claret reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grouse And Claret Hotel Rowsley
- Grouse And Claret Rowsley, Derbyshire