“Amazing views but meal was disappointing”
Review of Los Pastores

Los Pastores
Reserve with
Los Pastores is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Turre
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have eaten at Los Pastores before and was looking forward to my repeat visit but the waiter was not very friendly, I was told that my first choice was not available, so I ordered again, only to be told the chef would be able to make me first choice. My choice of pudding, a fruit plate, was also not possible. This is from a quite small menu.

The first choice of wine was also not in stock either.

We were told to hurry our coffees as the plac.e was closing, despite the fact that the chef was just sitting chatting to other diners.

The food was not great either. Pate did not appear home made, the pork crackling was crispy but much too salty, the apple, black pudding and mash was an odd mix and tasted stale. No pudding

2  Thank BEEMSevenoaks
There are newer reviews for Los Pastores

Reviewed September 21, 2013

great Paella made even more amazing by the outstanding views. The staff were helpful and cheerful with a speedy service.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Just finished lunch. 4 of us. I had the belly pork, amazing! The others had the cod and one had rabbit. We all agreed one of the best meals we have had whilst in Mojacar.
Jeremy Stent is the head chef and we thought his cooking skills were amazing. The word perfection comes to mind.
Great service, great location and setting.
Thank you guys for looking after us. We will be back!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The restuarant is in a stunning location and situated in a lovely building.
However, we found the service not overtly friendly. We only had drinks and Tapas which were not particularly memorable.
Locals seemed to fare better as regards friendliness and service.

3  Thank annteke
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great location, shame about the unprofessional attitude of staff and owner. We had made a group booking for a wedding celebration only to be told last minute that our booking was cancelled - no explanation, no apology. We've still no idea why, despite several phone calls and emails. Be very careful!! Fortunately we were able to re-book our event at the fantastic La Capilla restaurant where the owner and staff were just amazing.

2  Thank Roger P
pastorescabrera, Owner at Los Pastores, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

I would like to clarify the circumstances of this review at my restaurant.
We were asked to supply a wedding reception with canapes, drink on arrival, a choice of starter and 2 main courses for upto 40 persons with limitless drinks and refreshments for a price of 20euros a head.
The customer was informed that this was a totally unrealistic price and the function could not be produced at such a low price.
As a result a booking was never confirmed.
It may be that the customer may have lost something in translation and assumed that a booking had indeed been made,
For a confirmed booking we supply a written quotation detailing the services being supplied on the requested date.
The majority of the staff all speak English and the head chef is English and has worked in many renowned West End hotels in London so I am surprised that there could have been this mis interpretation of the situation.
Our staff are considered to be the most friendly and accomodating which is borne out by the large number of wedding and group parties that we produce and are congratulated on each year.
I am sorry that somehow this mis interpratation occurred but am glad that the customer was able to find a smaller family run restaurant nearby that could accomodate his needs.
However I also understand that it is against Tripadvisor policy to advertise rival establishments in a review so this review is also against their guidelines.