This is the nice, quiet side of the island. One lodge, one campground, one restaurant, one store.. you get the idea. Banning house sits high on hill with beautiful views of both harbors. It's the location you are paying for..not a fancy hotel. Staff was polite and very helpful without being intrusive. Breakfast was nice, fresh fruits and assortment of toast, bagels, cereal, etc.. No phones, no TV, no internet.... so you can really relax and slow down. Plenty of trails to hike and/or bike (biking is strenuous) so make sure you have a good mountain bike with plenty of gears. Water is fantastic with amazing kelp forest to snorkel or dive through. We saw plenty of sea life in the water. We also saw the two local Bison who graze on the nearby hills and a few island foxes. It was a great trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the West End of the island, the Banning House Lodge was built in 1910 as the summer home for the pioneering Banning brothers, who owned Santa Catalina Island. Now a charming, Craftsman-style bed and breakfast, the Banning House Lodge offers sweeping views of the Isthmus of Catalina and Catalina Harbor from its romantic, hilltop perch above Two Harbors A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily in the charming dining room. Van shuttle service between the lodge and Two Harbors village is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Banning House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banning House Hotel Two Harbors
- Banning House Lodge Catalina Island/Two Harbors, CA