If you want to get away and really relax, the Banning House Lodge is the place. This was our third visit and it was the best ever. The Banning House staff, Sal and Tyler, are very friendly and helpful. They pick you up at the dock when the Catalina Express comes in and drop you off when you are ready to leave at the dock. There is a continental breakfast provided in the mornings and there is sometimes a happy hour in the evenings. This is not a five star hotel rather a hotel with character and terrific views from some rooms-- all within walking distance or a shuttle ride into town. It has become a tradition for us for "alone time" because there are not TVs in the rooms and it is so peaceful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the West End of the island, the Banning House Lodge was built in 1910 as the summer home for the pioneering Banning brothers, who owned Santa Catalina Island. Now a charming, Craftsman-style bed and breakfast, the Banning House Lodge offers sweeping views of the Isthmus of Catalina and Catalina Harbor from its romantic, hilltop perch above Two Harbors A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily in the charming dining room. Van shuttle service between the lodge and Two Harbors village is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Banning House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banning House Hotel Two Harbors
- Banning House Lodge Catalina Island/Two Harbors, CA