“Very good experience”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Powys, United Kingdom
“Very good experience”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I'm always concerned when I read some reviews but all I can say is some people are never pleased!!

I attended with my daughter for an impromptu lunch and found it to be a very pleasurable experience. We had the field mushrooms and the smoked salmon and prawn linguine. If I was to be ultra picky, my preference is for a softer prawn, but that is personal preference. The staff were pleasant, attentive and knowledgable about their product. A good dining experience.

1 Thank MAS653

“Shockingly Bad”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Table of 6 at 6pm on a weekday, we were the only people in there, happily ordered drinks and meals all was fine, starters arrived 55 minutes after ordering (one of which was raw in the center) (halibut), goats cheese with pink peppercorn was disgusting, I love goats cheese but this was massacred.

Mains then came out very fast and were equally as poor, mine was chicken with chorizo and Manchego on a safron and squid paella, paella was like rice pudding 2 pieces of the most rubbery squid I had ever eaten and no sauce?? Had to have a drink every mouthful, steaks were nice and a nice touch at the end with the happy birthday message!

But for the price we paid £300 for 6 of us, definately not value for money! Won't be returning

4 Thank Stevchef
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Very enjoyable, lovely spot”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Beautiful day, fantastic garden seating but we decided to dine in the Restaurant. The two course lunch menu being both great value & nice to see a good selection of dishes that makes the final decision difficult. The tuna carpaccio was delicate, with the thinly sliced smoked haddock the standout. A beautifully cooked snapper dish followed, perfectly crispy skin but still slightly translucent flesh and the leek garnish was a surprisingly good accompaniment. Of the 3 mains ordered though, my Dad's lamb rack was both visually stunning and deliciously well prepared. Pat on the back to all the kitchen brigade. The waitresses would benefit from a little more training, but both were very courteous & attentive.
I'm only in the UK once a year and its taken me 4 years to finally make the Trooper, I will be back every year from now on. Very recommendable. Thank you

2 Thank James E
Andrew R, General Manager at The Trooper, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear James

Thanks for the amazing feedback!

I will certainly let our chefs know and I hope that this time next year you'll be back with us.

Safe trip down under!

Comfy Pubs
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Great setting, good food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

A lovely venue for an open air terrace with a view. Good menu choice, well executed. I had a special fish dish of the day which was excellent, and great home cooked chips. Menu offers an interesting combination of tastes with quality ingredients. Recommend.

1 Thank Julie E
Dear Julie

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our daily fish specials have been very popular this summer and we will be including a few more fish dishes for our Autumn menu.

Thanks again and see you at The Trooper soon!

Comfy Pubs
Longdon, United Kingdom
“Delicious food great ambiance”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The trooper is in a lovely country setting with a great interior the menu is very extensive and portions are generous the service is knowledgable and friendly a family friendly stylish restaurant and pub

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank mimroe
Andrew R, General Manager at The Trooper, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hi Mimroe!

Thanks for your positive feedback regarding The Trooper. Great to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and look forward to seeing you soon.

Enjoy the sun!