What a find - a proper, English Inn run on modern lines with traditional values! We stayed at the Fat Lamb for a short walking break as it was ideally located for the area we were interested in. A little bit of a gamble, being relatively isolated, but one that certainly paid off.
We arrived on Sunday afternoon to a smiling receptionist, a clean bar, a real fire and a perfect pint. Throughout our stay (three nights), all of the team were genuinely friendly and helpful. The food was marvellous, the service excellent, and our room comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the great breakfasts and mouth-watering evening meal options.
The location tends to leave you as a captive audience if you want a drink in the evening, but this is certainly not exploited. The food and drink prices are good value, particularly when the quality and service are taken into account, and there are a range of options and prices to suit most people. The room rates are on a par with many in the area and are fairly reasonable.
Conversations with fellow guests all indicated a common enjoyment of the Inn and we've marked this gem as a spot to revisit when next walking in the area. Definitely recommended!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fat Lamb Country Inn and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fat Lamb Country Inn And Restaurant Hotel Ravenstonedale
- Country Inn Kirkby Stephen
- Kirkby Stephen Country Inn
- Fat Lamb Country Inn And Restaurant Ravenstonedale/Kirkby Stephen