After stumbling on this hotel 6 years ago we loved it so much that we have returned every year since.
The food, accommodation and very helpful and willing staff are second to none, however we were some what disappointed this year to find a newer member of staff a little inhospitable, it was a chilly night and we wanted to pop another log on the fire in the bar but were told in no uncertain terms not to do so - kind of spoilt the evening for us and were made to feel we were outstaying our welcome when the bar shut quite early something we have never had before.
However we hope this can be overcome as we've just rebooked for our 7th visit.
On the whole an excellent time had by all even with the little run in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gorgeous, Award Winning, 16 bedroom, family owned, country Inn. Conservation Village, beautiful gardens, dog and disabled friendly. Luxury, stylish rooms, great food served in relaxed lounge/bars or formal restaurant. Exclusive use available. AA Pub of the Year for England 2013/14, Good a Hotel Guide, Sawdays Special Places, Good Pub Guide, Michelin Guide, CAMRA ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Black Swan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Black Swan Hotel Ravenstonedale
- The Black Swan Ravenstonedale/Kirkby Stephen