Castletroy Park Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
The Savoy Hotel(Limerick)
  • Pool
All reviewsafternoon tealovely hotelbar foodtop classwedding receptionleisure centrereception areawould highly recommend this hotelstaff were so friendlyfrom start to finishbar stafffunction roomfood was lovelybreakfast was excellentfamily roomcar parklimerick city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2013

have stayed several times over the last 15 years, most recently in July. the warm welcome and service seems to have dropped to something closer to indifference...not rudeness, just no longer warm. rooms and decor could do with a refresh. on the positive, breakfast is still excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
JGriffinFrontHouse, Front of House Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear doug s

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, Firstly wwe are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast at our Mcloughlins resturaunt. We are also happy to inform you that the Castletroy Park hotel has changed hands over the last couple of months and the new owner has brought on a new management team who together with an important refurbishment promise that the future of this hotel will be comfortable, very customer and service orientated with an aim to satisfy your guests wishes.
We do look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future, please do not hesitate contacting me directly by E-mail on jgriffin@castletroypark.ie

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have always liked this hotel for it's proximity to the office I have to visit in Ireland but also it's facilities, rooms, breakfast etc. However it's no secret that whilst it's been a good hotel it's needed a refurb for quite some time and now it has one and it's amazing! The lobby and public reception areas look really nice and inviting and I was lucky enough to get a standard double refurbed room which was unbelievably comfortable. It has all the features I always liked but is now more comfortable than previously. The TVs are better too and you can actually get all of the channels which may sound like a minor thing but when you're in a hotel room on your own it's an important thing!
Well done Castletroy, you've made a good hotel even nicer to stay at!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Rooms were distinctly average for a 4 star hotel but room was clean and the beds were reasonably comfortable. Didn't use the leisure facilities but found the breakfast excellent, great variety of food and self-service too. Plenty of car-parking available

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
JGriffinFrontHouse, Front of House Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Gspdan,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, We are delighted to inform you that our hotel is currently undergoing a massive transformation, the bedrooms that you describe as being reasonably comfortable are currently being renovated to a modern chic look and will be available from the end of August.
He were delighted to read that you found the breakfast “Excellent” and you liked our self-service buffet and the “great variety” on offer.
We do hope to see you return to our newly renovated hotel to enjoy our fantastic range of leisure facilities available in the hotel, please feel free to contact me personally on jgriffin@castletroypark.ie for your future reservations.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very poor overall experience, bedrooms were very dated,understaffed with long queues at reception. Bearing in mind that this is supposed to be a 4 * hotel all they could offer for breakfast was a dried out buffet, I asked a waiter if he could ask the chef if there was a fish option for breakfast he returned and said "No", that's a first for me certainly in a 4* hotel.
Considering this added to the fact that it is well outside the city centre I will not be staying here again and I was considering it for a spa break with my wife later in the year, forget it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lazydavey
JGriffinFrontHouse, Front of house manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Lazydavey
Thank you for your review, Firstly in response to comment on our bedrooms we are happy to announce that renovation of our bedrooms has begun and that thirty of our new executive bedrooms shall be available from the first of September. We were quite surprised that you found the breakfast buffet to be dried out as our croissants and other pastries are cooked freshly in house every morning. Finally with regard to a fish option at breakfast we have reviewed our menu and fish is now available at breakfast.
We do hope to see you return to the Castletroy park hotel in the future, please feel free to contact me personally with reference to your previous stay on jgriffin@castletroypark.ie.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights. I'll begin with the few positives I can relate. The front desk staff were friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable. Housekeeping keep the room very clean. There was ample and varied food at the breakfast buffet. Now the negatives. 1. The "mini-bar" refrigerator in our room was all frozen up when we arrived so the inside was basically room temperature. Since we checked in on Sunday the front desk said that maintenance would take care of it the next day. Well when we got back to our room from an excursion nothing had been done. I got tired of waiting for the hotel to take care of it and I defrosted it myself with the hairdryer attached to the desk (putting towels inside to soak up the water of course). Then the refrigerator didn't even cool down anyway after that! 2. The wireless system is atrocious. They need to contract with a different provider. First trying to jump through all the hoops to get logged on with each instrument (smart phone, laptop) is excruciating. We had to ask the front desk to help us, twice. Then you have to obtain a new voucher each day in order to continue using the system. I have never stayed at a hotel with such a terrible wireless system. 3. the bed was HARD. My wife had to sleep on top, using the padded bed cover and the spare blanket folded into 3 layers under her to provide enough softness for her to sleep. Sadly, my experience with this supposedly 4 star hotel was not enjoyable.

Dear Abonda
Firstly thank you for reviewing our hotel, We were delighted to hear that you found our front office staff to be “friendly and accommodating” and also knowledgeable of the surrounding areas and services available. Also we do pride ourselves by the cleanliness of our property with extra attention to the rooms which are often complemented as being “very clean”. We are also delighted that you found our breakfast.
The Castletroy park as you may have seen is currently undergoing an extensive renovation and welcome your comments, We are glad to inform you that a large number of our rooms are currently being renovated and comfort of these rooms shall be greatly increased. Having already received feedback on our wifi connection we have met with other providers and are stongly considering a more easily accessible network. Finally our hotel dose not offer a mini bars service however in some our rooms there are fridges, these fridges have all been reviewed following your comment and some have undergone the necessary maintenance.