“Seaweed Pie”

Cuisines: Canadian
Charlottetown, Canada
“Seaweed Pie”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My Mom loves seaweed pie at the seaweed pie cafe. I've taken friends from Japan there as well.
I think the name of the "pie" can be a little misleading. It's actually like a mousse and it doesn't taste "seaweedy" at all. It's really, really good. I highly recommend trying it.

2 Thank Tara L

Fredericton, Canada
“Was kind of scared to try but love'd it”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Took the whole family and worried if the kids wood eat here but everyone loved it. Large portions and great food. I was too chicken to order the seaweed pie but went for the apple blossom instead and wish that I could have it every week.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank Danielle234
Summerside, Canada
“Lots on the Menu!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

It's a great place with tasty food, a very clean place, Great people, interesting gift shop!! They have all sorts of meals on their menu such as Salad, Wedges, Mussels, Fish cakes & Beans with Nic's Homemade biscuits, Chowder, Cold Plates, Potato Salads and so much more!!

2 Thank PEICanadaJody
Paris, Canada
“Was Worth a Visit”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

As you will see in the other reviews, the seaweed pie was not nearly as scary to eat as one would expect. It was good. The staff was friendly. The place was clean and bright. There aren't many other places to stop for an 'official' washroom break along that road, so that was nice too. I wouldn't rush back, but it was a nice stop on the way to the North Point.

1 Thank St_Belmont
Aurora, Ontario
“Worth the stop in Miminegash PEI...”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

While touring on the North Coastal Route of PEI, we did make the stop at the Seaweed Cafe. We thought we'd see for ourselves what all the hulabaloo was about with the seaweed pie/cake. Well...this is our opinion...it was yummy...not something that I would eat every day but it was tasty - sort of like an angel food cake bottom with a coconut cream pie filling on top with your choice of fruit drizzle. The cream itself has a green tinge to it but it doesn't taste like seaweed at all....it's nice, lighter than you might expect and not as sweet as it looks. There were 4 of us who tried it and we all liked it. My daugther however tried their hot fudge crepe stuffed with 2 large scoops of ice cream. She loved it .
The restaurant itself was VERY clean and bright. Our server (there was only one on a Thursday afternoon) was very cheerful and friendly.....a clearly not surprised that we just came in for the dessert....I guess a lot of people do that.
There didn't seem much else in the way of "things to do" in Miminegash but since it's not out of the way on the Northern Coastal Route...it's worth stopping by for some tea/coffee and dessert. However, if you are looking for some high end, fancy place, keep driving....this is just a lovely, little, local place...enjoy!

3 Thank taximom5