“Lovely warm welcome on a cold quiet day + excellent food!”

The Lamb on the Strand
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Semington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in lovely grounds with stunning veiws across the valleys The Lamb on the Strand offers a wide variety of home cooked food for Lunch and Evening Meals for all customers wanting good fresh food presented with care.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely warm welcome on a cold quiet day + excellent food!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Son's birthday in early January and this is where he wanted to go for lunch! We'd had a previous birthday lunch here in July with my niece and had all really enjoyed it. So soon into the new year we did expect the restaurant to be quiet and it was. The owners had just taken down the Christmas decorations and the place was sparkling clean and tidy. The welcome was lovely and a table nicely set for the five of us. 2 x confit of duck, 1 x fillet steak, 1 x haddock in a prawn and brown butter sauce and 1 x compilation of smoked salmon plus was our feast. We all thoroughly enjoyed the food, the drinks and the ambience! The staff were extremely attentive without being obtrusive. This is a restaurant that I will not only visit again, but also recommend to my friends!

• Visited January 2014
TheLambontheStrand, Owner at The Lamb on the Strand, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Many thanks for your review and can I say it was a great pleasure serving you and we all hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bath, United Kingdom
“Love this place!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is one of my favourite places to eat! Food is fab, service is good and great atmosphere. We have been several times and highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Swindon, United Kingdom
“SUNDAY LUNCH”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My partner and I enjoyed Sunday lunch on a cold January day. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food tasty !! The vegetables were plentiful and my partners beef was nicely cooked. My only complaint was that the dining room was on the cold side - but you must expect this from a very old Inn - which used to be a farmhouse. The car park does need to be re-surfaced as it was quite muddy after all this bad weather.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a nice review. We are indeed fully aware of the car park issues and are preparing to sort this in the very near future. The recent appalling weather has deteriorated the top surface.
Calne, United Kingdom
“Recent visit to the Lamb on the strand”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Due to my wife`s illness I had not visited the Lamb for over a year. Over a period of ten years or more we had been regular visitors when the restaurant was managed by Phil and Sue . Then the standard was very high and the menu and food quality was excellent. Once they sold-up and moved to Italy the standard slipped under the various managers and chefs.so we stopped including the restaurant in our list of top Sunday lunch venues. Recently I decided to try the menu on a weekday lunchtime and the restaurant was crowded with all the visitors appearing to enjoy their food. My starter was tasty and very good, with the main a turkey casserole was at first a little chewy and included far too much rice but was finally consumed. A varied list of sweets were on offer and overall I enjoyed the experience. I was not aware of the presence of the current managers but they would appear to be on the road to improve the quality and I will visit again, probably for their Sunday Lunch. As always I would recommend a visit just to make up your own mind.
Donald Keighly
Calne

• Visited January 2014
Mr Keighley Many thanks for your comments. It is very kind of you suggest we are anywhere near emulating the previous owners as being local people we are fully aware of the great heights they reached. Please try us again
Melksham, United Kingdom
“Excellent hosts great food.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had a family lunch for 10 adults and 2 small children booked at late notice. Brian and Andrea owners were as usual excellent hosts nothing was too much trouble. The Lamb was very busy for a Monday but this made no difference to service which was great. Everyone enjoyed their food, clean plates were the proof. All the food was of a very good standard and reasonably priced. Recommend The Lamb for both lunches and Dinners - we will be back.

• Visited December 2013